Transaction Processing & Execution Risk Consultant
Compensation: $148,333.33 - $148,333.33 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.? In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ?Personal Cell? or ?Cellular? in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers? financial needs and help them succeed financially. We?re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you?ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
As a member of our Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) Team, these newly created Operational Risk Consultant 4s (ORC4s) will be part of the Independent Risk Management (IRM) aligned to Transaction Processing and Execution (TPE) and Safety and Physical Security (SPS) Risk at the firm, including regular reporting to risk management committees, and quarterly reporting to the Risk Committee of the Board.
The ORMA Team is responsible for:
- Providing an aggregate independent enterprise-wide view of TPE-related risk management (execution, delivery, and process management) and SPS-related risk management within the company
- Providing oversight of the related control environments
- Providing a holistic perspective of the residual risk impact to the company
- Monitoring (including metrics) and reporting on risks associated with the risk type
- Promoting awareness of appropriate risk management in the related areas and processes generating the risk
ORC4 Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing risk title oversight across a sub set of either TPE or SPS risk titles?
- Monitoring reporting flows and confirming accuracy of metric data that will help inform the risk profile of each risk program
- Executing the identification, monitoring and measurement of a subset risk titles under both TPE & Safety SPS risk types
- Performing risk management efforts with other second line of defense programs in the firm, including but not limited to:
- Owning a few risk titles and reviewing appropriate source of information pertaining to each
- Performing analysis post Identification of risk drivers, root causes and potential control gaps
- Identifying, owning and maintaining of metrics, risk appetite, and key risk indicators (KRIs)
- Performing back testing as needed to ensure boundaries and metrics are appropriate
- Executing related activities associated with each underlying risk title including input into central tools
- Establishing key performance/KRIs for groups and overall risk family
- Responsibility for system-related inputs and properly capturing related reporting
- Monitoring and reviewing internal and external loss risk events and near misses to identify trends, control break downs and linkage to issues and to help identify trends or emerging risks
- Monitoring reporting flows and confirm accuracy of metric data
- Performing quality assessment of related business environment and internal control factors (BEICFs) used to support the overall risk profile
- Executing issues management and early engagement, perform issues trending and monitoring including remediation
- Ensure that the appropriate risk titles are tagged to issues
- Collaborating with both governance & strategic cross functional teams as well as TPE/ SPS leads
- Attending steering committees and work groups to ensure appropriate TPE or SPS risk management coverage
- Reviewing front line mitigation/remediation plans for known control gaps and providing advice on mitigation effectiveness and alternative mitigation approaches
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Exposure to Wells Fargo RCSA (Risk and Control Self Assessment) tool
- Proven progressively responsible career growth
- 7+ years of professional experience in Financial Services with SR 15-18 firms, with experience covering banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services
- Experience developing enterprise risk management governance / framework
- Experience with Key Risk Indicators (KRI), Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and/or Risk Appetite
- Experience with risk management-related analysis, including thematic reviews
- Experience with management-level governance committee and/or new business/products
- Knowledge of Basel II event types, especially execution, delivery, and process management
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.Street Address
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
NY-New York: Min: $96,600 Mid: $138,000
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NCDisclaimer
NY-New York: 463 Broadway - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: analyst, bi, business analyst, business analytic, business intelligence, consult, government, inspect, investment banking, legal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...