Associate Design Director, Global Store Design, Origins
- New York, New York
- Creative / Design
The Este Lauder Companies are the global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. Origins
Our mission at Origins is to create high-performance skin care that is powered by nature and proven by science. We use potent plants, organic ingredients and 100% natural essential oils. And our long-standing commitment to protect the planet, its resources and all those who populate it is reaffirmed by our earth-friendly packaging and policies. Never Stop Discovering!
About the Job
Responsiblefor all Global Store Design standard for North America and Global Affiliates.
Partnerwith the Executive Director, 360 Retail Experience in the conceptualization,coordination, and successful execution of Store Design and Visual Merchandisingconcept and guidelines regarding new store concepts, free standing stores,department stores, product launches, promotions, events, and basic business inall regions; ensure that Store Design and Visual Merchandising guidelines are consistentwith Origins Brand aesthetics. Core Competencies
About Your Responsibilities
- Leadership Skills ability to focus colleagues on goals and objectives,especially CSPD and NA teams.
- Analytical Skills be able evaluate successes/failures and determine nextsteps on a given project.
- Project Management Skills to guide a project from concept to final delivery.
- Drive Creativity and Innovation encourages self and others to be creative intheir approach to tasks.
Qualifications About You
- Partner with Global Executive Director, 360Retail Experience in the design and communication of store and visualmerchandising concepts for Global and NA
- Partner with Global Executive Director, 360Retail Experience to develop and execute on-brand design solutions for thebrand vision as well as on-going marketing activities.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Originsbrand, its heritage, customers, products and retail environments.
- Evaluate Global guidelines to ensure that theyare consistent with brand aesthetics.
- Liaise with Cross-Functional teams (Global Marketing,International, Travel Retail, CSPD, NA and Creative departments) to gathernecessary materials for Store Design and Merchandising.
- Understand and articulate the SD and VisualMerchandising Design departments visions, goals, and strategies.
- Review designprojects to ensure requirements, pertinent, and being completed in the mosteffective way possible.
- Work with team to creatively thinkoutside the box when completing design assignments.
- Manage and provide direction to visual merchandising and store design team
- Develop and seek new vendors, agencies,manufacturers and contractors to broaden the resources
- Undergraduate College degree; Bachelorof Architecture or Master of Architecture preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience working in an architectural practicein all phases of the design/build process (schematic design, designdevelopment, construction documents, and construction administration.)Experience in retail environments preferred.
- Ability to read and create architecturaldrawings, including millwork details.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling program(Sketch-Up), AutoCAD, Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Position requires leadership skills and projectmanagement skills; ability to execute several projects in a timely andefficient manner; must be able to follow projects from inception to completion.
- Good communication, organizational andpresentation skills
- Knowledge of retail environments (Free Standing,Department and Specialty Stores).
- Work independently and interface withMarketing, Merchandising, Packaging, and Creative Services departments
- Minimaltravel as needed for store design punch list, vendor review, and retail sitevisits.
Creative / DesignPrimary Location:
US-NY-New YorkJob Type:
1st (Day) ShiftJob Number:
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact ...@Estee.com.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality