Company: Global Investment Firm
GRT (Global Research Technology) team is looking for senior hands on lead developer to join their New York team. Successful candidate should have strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills. The candidate should be able to work individually or as part of a team to achieve project goals. The candidate will be part of the development team that works closely with the Front Office users and Technology vendors and develops end-to-end solutions to assist portfolio managers/Research Analysts on their day-to-day portfolio construction and research.
The candidate will be responsible for:
* Working closely with portfolio managers/research analysts to develop portfolio construction and fundamental research applications.
* Designing and implementing the next generation of portfolio construction and portfolio analytics visualization tool.
* 10+ years of strong programming experience with Java & J2EE technologies
* Working experience of multi-tier application development and has expertise developing applications for both client and server side
* Scripting experience using Microsoft batch commands or Unix shell
* Working experience with following frameworks/technologies - REST/Axis for Web Services
* using Spring , MyBatis, Junit, JMock, Maven
* Strong Relational DB experience Sybase, Oracle or MS-SQL (MS-SQL will be a plus & SQL for writing queries & stored procedures
* Good understanding of Object Oriented & component based software development and experience using design patterns
* Quick Learner and ability to jump into an existing code base and understand the code quickly and make enhancements/changes as business demands change
Nice to Have
* Working experience in Asset management area
* Understanding of equity portfolio optimization & portfolio management
* Experience working with market Data Feeds (Reuters or Bloomberg)
* Data modelling
Associated topics: application developer, architecture, backend, c#, design pattern, java, matlab, senior, senior software developer, software engineer lead