Application Developer (Westwood)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Somerset County New JerseyStatus:
Contract to Hire 3-6 Months / Direct HireOur Client is looking foa an
Application Developer to coordinate application development including analyzing, designing, testing, documenting and troubleshooting of in-house custom software, third-party software integrations and custom interface solutions by performing the following duties. This person must be able to communicate clearly and concisely to internal customers ranging from executive level management to support staff. The successful candidate must have a wide range of skills and knowledge in the application development process in a Microsoft environment, ETL tools and techniques, knowledge of current RDBMS technologies, and familiarity with Web Services. Responsibilities
(Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Analyzes, designs, codes, and tests new application development and enhancements in accordance with company standards on schedule and within budget
- Provides technical troubleshooting, support and resolution to applications problems
- Creates and maintains documentation, including: business requirements, functional design, technical design, implementation plans, and user guides
- Prioritizes and responds to business users questions and requests in a timely manner so that functionality can be delivered to the business as quickly as possible.
- Assists in estimating level of effort for new development, fixes, enhancements; identifying high level tasks and resource requirements
- Participates in the analysis and requirements gathering processes and develops design specifications.
- Proven ability to function in fast paced small team environment.
- High level programming languages and formats such as Java, Transact-SQL, JSON, XML, Java Script. Familiarity with C# and ASP.NET is a plus.
- Ability to learn and use various IDEs including SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, Talend, Laserfiche Workflow, and other proprietary vendor tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with IT and business communities.
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds for production systems issues
- Familiarity with all aspects of the SDLC, from requirements definition through production support
- Project time/budget/resource estimating to identify estimated completion time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Problem Solving - Identifies root causes and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Judgment - Makes timely and sound decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity.
Bachelor' s degree in Computer Sciences or related field of study from four-year College or university.Skills
Other Skills and Abilities
- ESB/ETL Tools (Camel, ActiveMQ, JMS)
- SOAP/REST Services experience
- Integrating Application Exp
- Understand the SDLC
- Understand DevOps
- Familiarity with GOSU or .NET preferred but not required
- P&C insurance experience preferred but not required
- Guidewire experiencepreferred but not required
HOURS: In addition to the standard MSMM work day, the following are required
- The position requires working some evenings and weekends for installing, maintaining, or monitoring applications.
Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
Associated topics: backend, design, develop, devops, matlab, php, programming, project architect, senior software developer, software architect
Loading some great jobs for you...