Position Purpose: The Molding Operator is responsible for removing injection molded plastic parts from molding machines. The operator then does work on those parts following various written and verbal instructions.
Primary Responsibilities: Standing or sitting at a molding press to:
- Remove the molded plastic parts from injection molding machines.
- Trim part from runner using a gate trimming side cutter.
- Trim flash from part if needed.
- Clean parts as needed.
- Visually and mechanically inspect part using written and verbal instructions
- Do further operations on the parts as needed. This may be fixture ing, assembly, machining to size, staging parts in a cooling rack, sanding, sonic welding, hot stamping, weigh count, etc.
- Pack parts in containers following written or verbal instructions.
- Stack full containers in a designated area.
- Place runners and reject parts in material grinder, then begin the grinding operation.
- Sort runners from parts on automatic running presses.
- Record rejects parts at the molding machine.
- Complete data entry process, such as listing good parts, scrap parts and time for each job.
- Clean around work station at the end of the shift.
- Work in other departments as needed.
- Rework QA rejected parts.
- Unpack and inspect Customer rejected parts.
- Spray mold release into mold.
Qualifications and Education Requirements: Prefer high school (or equivalent) education.
Preferred Skills: Previous operator/assembly experience.
Required Training: In addition to the Universal Turtle Lake training requirements, this position also requires Clean Room Training .Physical Requirements
Standing: Max. 95% Min. 50% ; Sitting: Max. 95% Min. 50%; Walking: Max. 75% Min. 30%; Grasping: Bimanual dexterity.
Vision: Continuously inspect parts for visual and color defects; Twisting: Occasionally up to 90 degrees.
Lifting: Individual parts: Max. 10.5 lbs; Containers of parts: Max. 24 lbs (unassisted); 38 lbs(assisted).
Maximum lifting distance is from floor to shoulder height.Working Environment:
Some noise levels above 85db. Hearing protection required in posted areas.Tool and Equipment Requirements:
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die