Embedded Software Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you're looking for Downtown Los Angeles, California work as a Systems Engineer, this immediate opportunity with Robert Half Technology could be perfect for you. You'll be a successful Systems Engineer is you are a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure. Candidates seeking career-building opportunities in the Retail field, might want to look into this recently available long-term temporary-to-full-time position. Apply today and learn more about this exciting role.
How you will make an impact
- Assist with 2nd and 3rd level support
- Contribute to the design of information and operational support systems
- Oversee and follow up on all installed systems and infrastructure
- Be actively engaged to achieve the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Uphold security, redundancy strategies, and back up
- Cooperate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Observe and verify application performance for potential bottlenecks, mark possible solutions, and join with developers to instrument those fixes
- Maintain, install, configure, and test system management tools, application software, and operating systems
- Formulate and affirm custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- If you have experience with virtualization and containerization, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Applicants who have experience with monitoring systems are preferred
- Candidates with proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems will be the best fit for this position
- Experience with automation software
- You'll be a good fit for this position if you have solid scripting skills
- If you have solid networking knowledge, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- 5+ years of relevant experience- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Windows
- Foundational knowledge in Linux
- Well-founded grasp of Active Directory
- Proven knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ansible experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of VMware
- Practical knowledge of Red Hat
- PowerShell experience
- Quality experience with ServiceNow
- General familiarity with Red Hat
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
- provided by Dice
Loading some great jobs for you...