The Facilities Technician is responsible for providing all facets of building maintenance. This position performs facility maintenance repairs, including: light electrical, heating/air conditioning, carpentry and related plant maintenance. This position directly drives the profitability of Quad Graphics by ensuring the facility is a suitable and safe working environment.
Performs all facets of building maintenance, including: HVAC plumbing, light electrical, hazardous waste handling, carpentry, masonry, lawn care, snow removal, building inspections, and general building related maintenance.
- Ability to repair equipment quickly and efficiently
- Effectively make decisions pertaining to work lists, breakdowns, projects and manpower when needed
- General Housekeeping
- Performs all facets of building maintenance, including hazardous materials/ waste handling and transportation
- Works with minimal supervision
- Attends required technical training to stay abreast of industry standards and new developments
- Actively participates in safety programs, follow safety policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform other incidental duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS (Specific knowledge, skills, education and abilities):
- High School Diploma
- 4 years in mechanical field with HVAC certification
- Valid PA drivers license
- Intermediate level computer skills
This position is heavily and physically demanding. The employee is primarily walking while performing the duties of the position. Regular bending, stooping, climbing ladders, twisting is required. Required lifting of up to 85 pounds, pushing/pulling over 50 pounds.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace