Help Desk (Westwood)
Compensation: $60,940.00 - $104,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Role: NOC Engineer / Sr. Help Desk
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Duration: Permanent - Long Term
Our client is seeking an NOC Engineer near Cherry Hill, NJ who will be responsible for responding to requests for Technical Support outside of normal business hours. This NOC Engineer position requires a strong knowledge of the Help Desk ticket application for the purpose of creating, maintaining, and closing out tickets. The NOC Engineer also provides Level One Support to Third Party Service Organizations, Field Engineering, and Client Project Teams for cable/trouble ticket issues.
- Manage multiple phone calls received from Customers on the Help Desk line as well as general calls on the Operator line.
- Able to multi-task by handling phone calls, emails, and ticket updates simultaneously.
- Interface and follow through to Client Project Teams and Project Management, and respond to requests regarding client issues and open trouble tickets.
- Coordinate dispatches with Third Party Service Organizations and engineers.
- Follow proper escalation procedures through Multiple Third Party Service Organizations.
- Monitor, follow-up, and close all tickets as they are resolved.
- Monitor and maintain all Queues in Clientele.
- Ensure Trouble Tickets are filled out correctly and completely.
- React, respond and follow through on a heavy volume of e-mails sent to the Help Desk.
- Provide Level One Help Desk support and troubleshooting on hardware and cable issues for clients. Escalate to Level Two Support Team as required.
- Ship parts in emergency situations as required.
- The position requires a high level of customer interaction and a high quality of customer service is demanded.
- The position requires the ability to work with both technical and non-technical staff and bridge the gap between the two.
- The position requires the ability to work independently with little supervision, and is able to switch rapidly between different projects.
- Works predominately in an indoor environment but may be required to work outdoors occasionally
- Required to use hands, arms and fingers to type, plug equipment in and unplug equipment
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel
- Required to use a keyboard and mouse
- Be able to travel by trains, airplanes and automobiles.
- Vision requirements include the ability to adjust, focus and view computer screen.
- Employee is required to hear and talk in a clear and audible voice
- Employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high
- Must have current Cisco Certification of CCNA or higher. As an alternative, the incumbent must commit to obtaining CCNA within 1 year of their hire date.
- 2+ years of Help Desk/Call Center experience.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent people and consultative skills and experience
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret comments in Trouble Tickets.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, partners, or fellow employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make recommendations for a solution to the stated problem.
- The ability to speak a second language (Spanish primarily) is a plus.
- High School graduate.
Apply online OR Send email to
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: client, desktop, information technology, information technology analyst, pc, service, support analyst, systems administrator, technical support, technician i
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...