NAV ERP Application Manager & Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
JOB MISSION & DESCRIPTION
This role s mission is to maximize NAV to its fullest potential and to improve the Studio s technical capabilities and agility in pursuit of our business goals. The position will work closely with every department, but in particular our Sales, Operations, and Accounting teams in identifying paths for improvement in business processes and implementing changes in NAV to support our goals.
By bringing this critical function in-house, this person will lead both technical and functional initiatives that include, but are not limited to: streamlining processes, creating smart automation, developing robust training and documentation, and being a thought partner alongside the Studio s department leads.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, performs unit/system tests, documents, and assists in training users and implementing projects and programs in a Microsoft NAV environment
- Builds and maintains strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, evidenced by the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence.
- Designs, develops, and tests core NAV granules and add-on s
- Works with internal stakeholders to understand the technical requirements and scope out modifications and custom development (if necessary); makes technical recommendations for installation, modifications and custom development
- Converts functional requirements to technical specifications and design documents
- Leads development projects to successful delivery (design, build, test and install)
- Manages NAV user security and permissions
- Provides tier-1 and tier- 2 support and troubleshooting for NAV users
- Coordinates and leads NAV end-user training including development of system documentation and training materials; trains and works with personnel on deploying software solutions
- Keeps abreast with the latest advances in software development technologies and lead implementation of strategic solutions that add significant value to our business
- Develops forms, documents, user manuals, management reports and other technical documentation
- Demonstrates initiative and job knowledge by suggesting ideas, discovering new and better ways of accomplishing goals
- Robust documentation and training support for internal users so they can develop strong proficiency in how the interact with and use NAV in their daily jobs
- Strong internal NAV development capabilities that helps the Studio reduce costs and errors, streamline and automate processes, and develop new functionality
- Centralized IT support function that helps troubleshoot issues and manage enhancement requests
- Build rapport, credibility and cohesion across all departments
- An effective training program so that all key business users are probably trained to be more productive in our ERP system
- Strong understanding of relational databases structure, theories, principals and practice MSSQL Server in particular
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP software, required.
- Advanced report/query development using JET Enterprise, Crystal Reports and Microsoft Power BI.
- Demonstrated initiative and independent work style with focus on project timelines and goal achievement.
- Strong proficiency with Excel to gather, assess and analyze data.
- Solid reporting development skills, highly preferred.
- Ability to research, gather background information and analyze complex data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and logically and explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to individuals and groups.
This is a full-time salaried position.
We offer very competitive benefits, including:
- Paid Time Off
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- 1 Week Sick Days
- 1 Week for Studio Workshop program, qualification after 1 year of employment
- 10 Bank HolidayS
- Health insurance medical, vision, dental with 95% of individual coverage paid by company
- Life and Disability insurance
- 401K, qualification after 1 year of employment
- $2,000 towards Studio Workshop
- Commuter benefits
- Generous Cheer budget & activities
- Department budgets for employee appreciation
- Transcendental Meditation course
- DIY fixture allowance
Loading some great jobs for you...