Proton Nurse Navigator (Mechanicsburg)
Compensation: $69,820.00 - $96,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Lancaster General Hospital
7225 SOP-Radiation Oncology
ABBCI Cancer Clinic- Administration
HOURS:? Fulltime, primarily dayshift hours but flexibility needed for patient care and working with referrals.? No?weekends or holidays.
SUMMARY:? This position will be key to assist with referring providers and patients to develop relationships and provide exceptional customer service.? This role will establish a strong foundation for our Proton network.? The Nurse Navigator will also provide education about radiation oncology modalities and provide support for the trajectory of disease treatment to patients.? The Nurse Navigator will also serve as a community educator.?
They will be accountable to provide clinical navigation for identified patients within the Penn Medicine LG Health system.?They will also perform?clinical and administrative functions to support the coordination of inpatient and/or outpatient care needs.???
FUNCTIONS:Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Demonstrates proficiency in applying nursing theories, evidence based nursing knowledge, problem solving and therapeutic techniques to perform professional nursing duties safely, legally, ethically, efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of pathophysiology of specific disease processes and understands treatment modalities and rationale such as: surgery, therapy, symptom management, diet and self-care strategies, survivorship, surveillance and advanced care planning.
- Understand and apply current clinical guidelines in implementing a treatment plan.
- Manage physical, mental, psychological and/or spiritual well-being while working with the patient to develop a treatment plan and contribute to its implementation and evaluation.
- Provide continuity of care throughout the entire experience. Remain a point of contact for the patient along the continuum of care:
- Respond appropriately to instances of unsafe practice to safeguard the patient?s health;
- Maintain an environment conducive to health and healing including infection control;
- Provides referrals to supportive resources at local, regional and national levels;
- Provides treatment summaries and care plans for patients after receiving treatment.
- Provides education to patient/caregiver on items such as: disease/symptom management, medication purpose and side effects, diet, rehabilitation and when to notify the healthcare provider.?
- Assess the health needs of the patient using a bio-psycho-social-spiritual framework including self-determined health goals and develop a plan of care for the patient based on his or her own personal needs. ?
- Participates in related national and local professional nursing organizations, reviews literature and assess trends in patient care needs and development of services and resources to meet these needs. ?
- Performs nursing techniques proficiently by maintaining accurate documentation, using appropriate channels of referral and?working effectively with other health care team members.
- Assessment of patient?s ability to navigate through the healthcare system and identify potential barriers.? Guide patient through the healthcare system including:
- Appropriate referrals to nutrition support, social work, financial counseling, psychology, rehab and/or palliative care.
- Ability to communicate among specialty practices with the healthcare organization- build relationship with physicians and ?staff.
- Screen and inform patients who may be eligible for clinical trials for advancement of practice.
- Advocate and facilitate access to the appropriate services to individuals with disabilities and advocate for equal access for all patients regardless of financial status.
- Advocate for the patient?s right to autonomy and an informed decision making process.??
- Identify and implement methodologies for continuous quality improvement within the service line and support disease specific performance improvement initiatives.
- Actively engage and participate in community outreach, education and supportive services programs, including appropriate screening programs or educational and health awareness promotion activities.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing is required.
- Bachelor?s degree in nursing, healthcare management or related field is required.
- Specialty certification required within 3 years of hire.
- Oncology Certification issued by? OCN, OBPN or CBCN.
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a clinical nurse in related specialty.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a clinical nurse in related specialty preferred.
- Masters of Science Degree Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Experience in care coordination and patient education preferred.
Associated topics: ccu, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, surgery, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...