Pediatric Infusion Nurse (Casual 0.1 RN position) (Mechanicsburg)
Compensation: $69,820.00 - $96,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Lancaster General Hospital
7545 Pediatric Program
**MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER
Hours:?0.1 FTE (8/hrs/2wks);?Day Shift - Monday through Friday 8:00am- 4:30pm- no weekends
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa at the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion & Lancaster General Hospital?
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the Medical Infusion Center under the Pediatric Program. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient/caregiver & members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the Care Planning Process.? Initiates appropriate care plans at the start of therapy and updates the care plan when clinically appropriate.
- Provides intravenous therapy through the performance of venipunctures, insertion, care and maintenance of PICC lines, accessing and care of central lines and infusion parts, and administration of intravenous medications.
- Educates, directs and supervises patients/caregiver and families in the provision of care.? Implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria
- Participates in patient care conferences with clinical care team members as necessitated by patient care needs, and promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy & procedures and standards of practice
- Serves as a liaison with customers to assure effective communication and acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Is available for, and willingly accepts, on-call and back-up on-call assignments as needed by the organization.
- Participates in orientation of staff.
- Perform all other reasonably-related duties of an equal or lower nature as may be directed in the sole discretion of management.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing-
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If this is a Magnet designated RN position, BSN will be required within 3 yrs of RN hire date.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver?s License, with ability to meet and maintain Driver Qualification Standard and to safely operate company-owned or personal vehicle in all weather conditions.
- Current CPR/BLS certification required.
- Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification preferred.
- IV Therapy certification preferred.
- At least two (2) years? experience required.? ?Home infusion experience preferred.
- Data entry and network computer experience preferred.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, mhb, nurse, surgery, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...