What you will do
The Electronic Systems Account Executive is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our continued growth we are adding an Electronic Systems Account Executive to our team.In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will includeprofessionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and saleof Fire Safety Systems to customers and end users within an assigned territoryand accounts.
How you will do it
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing Johnson Controls marketing strategies.
- Develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings, qualify and prioritize opportunities, and maintain appropriate territory records.
- Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc. in order to generate, develop, and qualify leads for prospective customers.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sale.
- Interface effectively with district operations to deliver and improve service delivery.
- Deliver sales against an assigned quota.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow on sales.
- Report progress and supply metrics to operation and corporate teams on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company’s image.
What we look for
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years successful sales experience in Electronic or similar industry.
- Highly motivated and success driven.
- Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
- High degree of self-discipline.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques.
- Ability to persuade and close sales.
- Self-Motivation with good organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.