As the Senior Accounting Manager - Projects, you will be tasked with building a high functioning organization that will drive efficiency and consistency in financial operations, reporting and decision support which will help lead to the financial success of the Company. The Senior Manager will supervise and manage all accounting and financial activities relating to the development, implementation, reporting and close out of Company's contract projects.
- Manage, motivate, reward and mentor a team of project accountants and analysts. Provide guidance to project managers on the resolution of project financial issues.
- Implement efficient processes and ensure consistent accuracy around contract set ups within the ERP System (Oracle), contract monitoring and accurate accounting, as well and reporting out of the system to provide best in class decision support.
- Communicate with Executive Management and Project Managers regularly regarding the health and KPI status of projects; using both Oracle Reports and Adhoc Reports. Provide complex financial analysis support on a regular adhoc basis.
- Drive an efficient customer billing& AR collections cycles to ensure proper cash flow of projects. Provides reporting to executive management related to cash flow of projects.
- Ensure the team maintains all internal controls and company files in accordance with policies& procedures.
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly controls. Work with internal accounting leadership team and external auditors to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Lead the preparation of project related compliance reporting.
- 5 years of Project Accounting experience, 3 years of experience managing a team of 4+ Accountants/Analysts.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) accounting principles, overhead cost rates, fixed fee, time& materials and cost-plus government contracts
- Systems proficiently - we use Oracle
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Finance, Accounting or similar field
- CPA preferred
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.