Successful Health System is seeking a Psychiatrist to join another physician in a well-established practice.
Examines, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats psychiatric disorders and/or patients with a chemical dependency. Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains and evaluates data through interview techniques. Diagnoses psychiatric disorders and prescribes and evaluates effectiveness of a wide range of therapeutic measures. Recommends disposition of psychiatric cases and advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of mental disorders. Serves as psychiatric consultant to Health System and as part of the clinical team, functions in contributing to the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder and or chemical dependency.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, behavioral disorders and chemical dependency including outpatient detoxification.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, MFTs, counselors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Advise and inform treatment center professionals, relatives, and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment.
Associated topics: adult psychiatry, child psychiatry, clinical, consult, consultant, consulting, neuropsychiatry, psych, psychiatry, pyschiatrist