Responsible for management of the Information Security Technology in a designated area of the company. Provides leadership in developing and supporting initiatives in the assigned area of security technology. Serves as the process manager for all ongoing projects, evaluations and operations of security technology within their area of responsibility.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a member of the security management team in helping to achieve business goals by executing on programs as defined by senior management.
- Work closely with other teams on the implementation of corporate technology to fully secure information, computer, network, and processing systems.
- Management and administration of computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software.
- Specify the security requirements for, and maintain the proper operation of, the facility s security systems and their corresponding equipment or software.
- At the direction of senior management, develop, track, and control the purchasing, staffing, and operations falling within the designated area of responsibility.
- Recommend and implement changes in security technology and practices in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
- Bachelors or Master' s Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education, security certifications, and work related experience.
- Management experience in the technology field.
- 6+ years experience working in the IT industry with a focus on security technology.
- Experience in managing a technical security operation.
- Experience in planning and executing security policies and standards development.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including information security.
- SANS, ISA or ISC2 Certification required.
- IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Log Management, Arc Sight.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving security problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to security.
- Decision making responsibilities (Key Decisions Rights)
- This position has input into the development of policies related to information security and protection of customer or employee information.
- Responsible for selection of vendors and consultants for professional services and security products.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals of the Company and would impact the financial, employee or public relations posture of the Company.
- Position has input into the resolution of technology issues presented as a result of compliance with industry standards and reviews, including PCI DSS / SOX / SAS70.