Cynosure is competitively well positioned to transform the medical aesthetics marketplace and continue to be the leader in innovation to address the growing demand for treatments across
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow peoples careers and build our high performance organization. We
work together to drive
results in ways that play to our strengths.
As we grow our global team, theres no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastics surgeons, medical
spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industrys most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and womens health. We sell our products through a combination of direct sales and distributors in over 130 countries, and we support our customers with a large range of technical, clinical, and marketing services. None of this would be possible without the
talent and passion of our employees.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future
leaders of the
aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Cynosure is seeking a Quality Control Technician responsible for performing incoming / in-process inspection on mechanical/electrical components, including First Article Inspections for new product. It will also include some level of Final Inspection of products. The position interacts with many internal departments including Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials, Quality Assurance, and Customer/Field Service.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Perform Incoming / In-Process Inspection on mechanical / electrical components using standard inspection equipment such as Height Gauges, Surface Plates, Verniers, Dial Indicators, Ring / Plug Gauges, Optical Comparators, CMM ECT.
- Complete and / or review Incoming, In-Process and Final Inspection documentation. (Component Inspection Folders, checklist, release forms, calibration data records etc.)
- Issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) for all nonconforming material.
- Inspection of PCB to verify rework conforms to the IPC-A-610 standard.
- Inspection for field service replaceable units.
- Perform inspections as requested for Engineering and other departments. (First Articles and/or courtesy inspections) and assist with the development of applicable inspection procedures, checklist, forms, and Inspection Folders.
- Perform detailed review of Device History Records and labels as part of final inspection/release activities for finished product.
- Maintain QC Activity Collection Plans and other applicable tracking logs.
- High school degree or equivalent with some technical school education.
- Minimum of 2+ years related inspection experience.
- Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI) or equivalent quality technician training / experience.
- Prior experience in a medical device, aerospace, automotive or regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to perform mechanical inspection set-ups independently.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Very high level of attention to detail.
- Good record-keeping, documentation skills, and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Experience with Oracle and Agile preferred but not required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Weare proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds