The Hearst Bay Area marketing team that promotes The San Francisco Chronicle and SFGATE is looking for a passionate and pro-active marketer to join them in making the magic happen!
The Associate Marketing Manager is responsible for working with key stakeholders (sales team, circulation team) to market and increase brand exposure and sales for The Chronicle and SFGATE. Reporting to the Marketing Director, this position will act as a key conduit between editorial teams and the sales team to effectively translate a) a brands/clients needs into actionable cross-media programs from ideation through campaign launch and b) editorial initiatives into sellable opportunities. This person is a crucial part of the teams success!
**What will you do?**
* In collaboration with Marketing Director, manages Partnerships & Sponsorships for B2C efforts.
* Facilitates exploratory calls of prospects & renewals alongside sales and Marketing Director
* Assists in development of new programs driving revenue (paid commitment, special sections, rev-share) and strong opportunities supporting circulation, newsroom, Hearst Bay Area (B2B events & seminars as needed) etc.
* Contract negotiation and development
* Facilitates kick-off and maintains communications with all internal & external stakeholder
* Manages/facilitates fulfillment of all program deliverables including sub-sales opportunities, on-site activations, newsroom event participation & custom programing
* Works alongside Director to fulfill Signature Program & Event deliverables and post-program reporting
* Staff and/or attend various events throughout the year including on evenings and weekends.
**What will it take to be accomplished?**
* 3-4 years experience in a fast-paced organization (media/content brands desired)
* Direct experience in Media and Marketing (i.e. traditional media planning, digital media planning, paid and organic social)
* Knowledge of Sales & Marketing (i.e. an understanding of sales process and marketings role)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites and ability to learn software programs quickly
* Manage multiple marketing projects with clients and internal stakeholders by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
* Strategic in their approach to accomplishing day-to-day tasks and assigned projects
* Ability to work cross-departmentally with Sales, Circulation, Production/Layout, and more.
* Past event experience is a plus.
**What does it take to be a runaway success?**
* Experience handling event logistics (i.e. organizing materials leading up to event, day of activities, post event reporting)
* Experience handling marketing fulfillment directly with clients
* Keen attention to detail
* Not afraid to ask questions
* Capable of meeting tight deadlines
* Exceptional communication skills
* Clear team-player attitude
* Comfortable with rolling with the punches