SHIFT: Work From Home
At HealthTrust we are committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. We are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and serve over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
HealthTrust is part of the HCA family, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.Job Summary
The Cost Analyst will perform detailed, comprehensive analysis of healthcare supply chain spend. Develops, revises and effectively communicates analytical summaries to identify cost savings opportunities, contract compliance, price parity issues, standardization and utilization opportunities. The analyst will have the ability to acquire, assimilate and analyze data from multiple systems and data sources utilizing a variety of business intelligence and reporting tools.Job Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with HealthTrust team and assigned member(s) to provide analysis, summaries, reports and presentations as assigned.
- Identify and track approved savings initiatives.
- Work directly with member to capture and analyze spend data
- Complete analysis and reporting per end-users specific needs
- Support all reporting functions such as tracking and trending comparisons
- Collaborates and communicates with HealthTrust Account Management to support and track contract compliance
- Prepare reports and presentation content
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Statistics, Technology or related field, work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years related work experience as a data, business or financial analyst.
- Exposure and familiarity with multiple technology platforms.
- Medical product knowledge preferred.
- Experience with large data sets preferred.
- Healthcare supply chain/GPO knowledge preferred.
- Healthcare purchasing or analytics experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and process analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills- English
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Access or database knowledge a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient with other decision making software- Host Analytics, Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and formulate a clear analytical path and process to achieve desired goal.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed.
- Understand methodologies for performing financial and opportunity analysis.
- Must be able to help provide new solutions and to customize reporting based on constantly changing customer needs.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects within deadlines
- Passion for results- able to drive high standards for self; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals
Benefits of working at HealthTrust
Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: business, business analyst, business analytic, guidance, inspect, investment analyst, legal, market, refinement, strategy