During the month of January 2020 Healthfirst will be hosting several Interview Days.
Please come join us and meet with hiring managers from Clinical Eligibility.
- **Interviews are invitation only and all candidates must be pre-screened before attending these events ***
The Assessment Registered Nurse (RN) makes assessment visits at intervals required by the Department of Health (DOH) to determine enrollment, service needs and continued eligibility. This position coordinates with Care Management Team (CMT) to maintain a high level of efficient and effective individualized Care Management operations for SHP's managed long-term care plan (MLTCP), Healthfirst's Private Health Services Plan (PHSP), Complete Care, Fully Integrated Duals Advantage (FIDA) and Absolute Care.
Must have New York State RN license.
Ability to travel around downstate New York which includes the 5 boroughs, Long Island, and Westchester.
Check out the video job description here! Minimum Qualifications:
- New York State Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Ability to travel around downstate New York which includes the 5 boroughs, Long Island, and Westchester.
- Work experience preferred in one or more of the following areas:
- Home Care
- Discharge Planning
- Case Management
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Work experience using electronic patient health information (PHI) database usage especially UAS
- Unexpired NY state drivers license or NYS ID
- Knowledge of health insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and MLTCP
- Experience working with a frail adult or elderly population with the ability to determine appropriate care plans and services for frail population as well as negotiate initial service plans so that members and families are in agreement
- Time management, critical/creative thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Field experience assessing, planning, and evaluating member's/patients care
- Language preferences - Spanish, Russian, French, Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese
- Demonstrated ability handling heavy caseloads
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
Assessment Nurse (NYS RN)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- The Assessment Registered Nurse conducts enrollment assessments of prospective members and re-assessments of current members in their homes using the Uniform Assessment System (UAS); make enrollment decisions and continued eligibility determination by utilizing clinical expertise and critical thinking skills. As needed, will conduct assessments in settings other than home as needed, e.g. skilled nursing facilities
- Complete assessment of service needs at the request of the Care Team, Member's Family/Caregiver to determine service level(s) or need to adjust Service levels
- Complete Patient Review Instruments/Screens and all required nursing assessments for active members to determine adjustments/updates in Care Plan and/or to assist with nursing home admission.
- Liaison between the member and the Care Management Team; assesses home environment and psychosocial status
- Maintain a paperless work environment, which includes compiling assessment package requirements and electronic archiving using Macess Exp Service Module.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates with home care agencies and Care Management Team providing feedback regarding home care issues and the performance of Contract Nurses and Aides.
- Provides grass roots, community-based training for frail population care including self-care techniques and prevention strategies.
- Ensures that prospective members and significant others/responsible parties understand and are in agreement with enrollment in a managed long-term care plan.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-###-####
. In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, care unit, ccu, coronary, neonatal, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, registed