*_Clinical Nurse Education - _*
Nurse Educator OR/SURGERY
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
*Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human life.*
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a *World's Most Admired Company *by *Fortune Magazine. *Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA at a glance
*A few of the benefits we provide you:*
* Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- /Emerging Leaders/
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* New Extended Family Leave
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Hundreds of consumer discounts
* Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
*About this opportunity:*
*TriStar Health is seeking a Full-Time Clinical Education Nurse (RN) for Eastside Medical Center in Snellville, GA.*
This position is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care throughout the hospital in their assigned division.
The Clinical Professional Development Specialty Educator will have deep subject matter expertise in said specialty of nursing and will provide evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff in the specialty setting.
* Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning.
* Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff. Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and mastery.
* Assists staff to identify areas for individual growth in current role. Promotes the achievement of specialty certifications.
* Provides expertise in identifying professional development needs of individual staff. Directs staff to career advancement resources.
* Participates in lifelong learning to promote continuing personal development.
* Contributes insights and feedback for succession planning.
* Demonstrates an understanding of adult educational theory and the ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
* Leads the development, coordination, and management of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency within the specialty.
* Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff. Serves as a role model for competent practice.
* Identifies learning needs of staff and assesses practice gaps, comparing competencies to actual practice. Plans educational content with learner engagement.
* Collaborates with the CPDEs, MCPD and Director, Clinical Programs to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities within the specialty.
* Identifies appropriate resources for problem solving.
* Supports research activities that align with the organizational strategic plan. Disseminates research findings through educational programs, courses, and other activities.
* Works with others to identify problems and solutions and collaboratively design and implement the change strategy.
* Exhibits creativity and flexibility through times of change.
* Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and action toward change in others.
* Bachelor's degree; must be in Nursing if the applicant does not have an Masters Science in Nursing (Required)
* Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field (Preferred)
* 3 years of experience in clinical education; 3 years' experience in nursing specialty in an acute care hospital (Required)
* Currently licensed appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation (Required)
* Certification as NPD Practitioner (preferred)
* Specialty certification as recognized by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (Highly Preferred)
* BLS (Required)
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
* Must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations
* Must be flexible to work evenings and nights to meet the educational needs of the clinicians
* Assist in providing simulation models in the simulation lab.
**Job:** **Education Training & Professional Development*
**Title:** *Clin Ed Prof Dev Spec Srv Line*
**Location:** *Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville*
**Requisition ID:** *27501-21393* </script>