Senior Electrical Product Engineer
Posted: August 23, 2019
We have an incredible team of talented engineers, some of whom are looking forward to retirement over the coming months. We will miss them (but the show must go on). This creates a great opportunity for incoming Electrical Engineers to take on challenging projects while tapping into this wealth of knowledge.
Candidates have their choice of office locations - Columbia, SC; Ludington, MI; or Fairmont, MN
Bringing your substantial experience in heavy equipment engineering, you will lead projects from concept through delivery and subsequent customer support. You will design, document and support standard and custom rail service equipment and functional systems. You'll work with a wide variety of product types while continuing to develop machine and system designs. Specifically, you will:
* Create electrical documentation including schematics, control box assemblies, wiring charts, cable charts, machine interconnects and component level documentation.
* Review design specifications to establish customer requirements, interact with product management and the customer as required.
* Create and verify engineering calculations
* Check and approve designs and drawings
* Provide technical mentorship and guidance to junior Engineers, Drafters and internal customers
* Support system integration into the vehicle.
* Offer innovative solutions to technically complex problems.
* Create and maintain bill of materials.
* Review and implement change requests.
* Capture and account for customer or field issues.
* Offer innovative solutions for cost reductions, improved reliability, quality issues, safety issues, etc.
* Drive Continuous Improvement and Standardization
* Check and approve applicable sections of operations manuals, maintenance manuals and parts books
* Provide manufacturing and commissioning Support
* Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
* Specify components
* Meet deadlines to ensure projects are completed within acceptable time and cost targets.
* Provide periodic status updates on projects through reports, presentations and design reviews.
* May travel to customer locations, globally, to support product in field applications.Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
* 12+ years of heavy equipment product engineering experience
* Experience with 3D CAD software
* 10+ years of electrical CAD software experience
* Experience with PLM & MRP software
* Experience in machine design of mobile equipment
* Experience designing and laying out electrical control boxes
* Experience with drafting standards and part creation
* Experience designing DC electrical schematics
* Experience with DC power distribution & design along with distributed I/O network design
* Experience with engine wiring, CAN networks and J1939 components
* Work experience designing AC electrical schematics
* Experience with AC motors, drives, & starters
* Experience with AC generator & power distribution
* Knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes
* Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma
* Experience with PCB Schematic & layout design
* Experience with Solid Edge CAD software (modelling and drafting)
* Experience with E3 Electrical CAD software (e.g. Schema, Panel, Database)
* Experience with Teamcenter & LN software.
* Experience of machine design of railroad-specific equipment
* Experience writing Visual Basic code
* Experience using a multi-meter and other electrical equipment
* Experience writing PLC, C, or C++ software
* Knowledge of NEC, DIN, and British standards
* Knowledge of EMC and IEC testing standards
You will be comfortable and effective working in a matrix organization, across functions and with all levels. This requires the ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbal and written.
Candidates must be willing and able to travel via commercial airline and automobile up to 20% of the time.
A relocation assistance package is available for this position.
Harsco Rail, a Division of Harsco Corporation, offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, matching 401K, and a number of optional insurance plans.
If you have the basic qualifications, apply today (it's quick and easy):
Note that this site is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
We are growing! To view other opportunities available at Harsco Rail, visit us at www.harsco.com/working-harsco
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Rail's website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Harsco Rail offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Shannon Godby, HR Manager NoAM at 803-###-#### and Harsco Rail will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.