Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Griffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the world s best-known companies.
This position is responsible for developing, recommending and implementing cost-effective food Manufacturing Improvement Projects (MIPs), leveraging technologies within Griffith Foods quality standards and sustainability platforms. Responsible for supporting capital projects, defines scope of work, project planning and execution, as well as organizing and coordinating resource schedules and budgets.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment, promoting sustainability, and maximizing safety and wellbeing of our employees.
- Ideating, Engineering, Drafting (2D, 3D, Animation), Designing, Developing, Sourcing, Fabrication, and Testing tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended MIPs.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinates deployment.
- Preparing and maintaining detailed layouts of buildings, equipment and related documentation.
- Performs product/process analysis for improvements in manufacturing efficiencies, quality and cost reduction
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of MIPs deliverables, design documents, and specs for bid packages.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, sustainability, ergonomics, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project. Is responsible for project forecasting and spending.
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Documents all aspects of projects such as directing outside contractors, project integration into the plant operation, technical information, and training.
- Specifies plant food safety requirements to contractors.
- Coordinates the launch of new/revised manufacturing upgrades including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or related Engineering discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, 2D, 3D, and Computer Animation platforms
- Familiarity of Industry 4.0, automation, 3D printing, industrial programming MS BI, programming in PLC and microcontrollers such as Arduino, ATMEGA, PIC, ATTiny and Raspberry PI.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in manufacturing and process.
- Hands-on mindset with floor experience; flexibility to work in small team environments, wearing multiple hats; solutions oriented, with preference for the practical side of business
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time to various Griffith plants and vendor sites.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Job Function
- Pay Type
- Travel Required
- Travel %
- Required Education
Bachelor s Degree