United States - UT - Sandy
This position will act as the Process Team Member and/or Process Functional Lead on key capital projects. As a member of the Graymont process engineering team, this position will also be expected to participate in process related activities.
United States - UT - Sandy
The Process Engineer will work closely with all Graymont Process Engineering Teams to provide direction, leadership, training, and support while giving guidance to Graymont from idea to implementation of all projects at the lime and limestone manufacturing facilities that will allow Graymont to be at the forefront of being the most reliable and lowest cost lime and limestone producer.
This position will act as the Process Team Member and/or Process Functional Lead on key capital projects. As a member of the Graymont process engineering team, this position will also be expected to participate in process related activities across all of Graymont s operations.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:SAFETY
- Promote safety as a value with all employees.
ENVIRONMENTAL & REGULATORY
- Effective communication and team building skills. Ability to listen, understand and communicate high value ideas.
- Assist plant staff and front line staff with the technical and cultural change process, to ensure POP implementation is successful in their region.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of process Key Performance Indicators (KPI s).
- Assist with developing audit protocols, for monitoring and measuring processes to ensure future sustainability and continuous improvement.
- Lead and direct cross functional teams to continuously improve our technical knowledge, processes, and efficiency.
- Work with employees, contractors, and consultants to sustain and develop innovative initiatives to improve operational performance.
- Participate in plant safety, environmental, and community committees along with other plant functions, as requested by plant management.
TECHNICAL SKILLS Current proficiency or ability to develop the following skill set
- Maintain an active partnership with plant personnel and Graymont s internal Health, Safety, and Environmental team to maintain compliance with all process related internal and external health, safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements.
Lead in the research and development of project concepts, flow sheets, equipment specifications and layouts that incorporate both Graymont and industry best practices.Mentor and help develop other process engineers and personnel at both the corporate and plant levels within Graymont, through training and leadership.Collaborate with management and manufacturing to evaluate, develop and deploy new process design concepts.Provide plant assistance and reports on process issues including the identification and application of continuous improvement opportunities including energy efficiency, production, quality control, automation and controls and emissions related activities.Source, develop, and maintain external engineering advisors with expertise in specific processes, especially where this expertise is common to other industries.As a team member of the Graymont Process Engineering Group identify, develop and continuously improve and communicate the best available process practices developed within Graymont and available outside.When requested by Manufacturing, Marketing or the Environmental Groups, provide assistance to support any permitting exercises.Develop, provide, update and share process calculations, training documents, control methods, and simulation tools for kilns, crushing, screening, and hydration processes.Prepare and maintain operating manuals and provide training for new and existing processing equipment.Troubleshoot process issues and problem-solving in generalElectrical, programming, instrumentation, and controls
- Collaborate with multi cross-functional teams such as management, manufacturing engineering and procurement, and others to develop, promote, apply, and communicate in-house knowledge and expertise in the following high value-added areas:
- Maximizing limestone ore conversion to lime products
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental impact mitigation
- Advanced process control and automation
- Lime and stone processing and handling
- Product quality
- Automation and Controls
Associated topics: calculation, draft, draw, foundation design, land, remedial, road, roadway, soil mechanic, traffic