Director of Engineering
Compensation: $92,040.00 - $130,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Director of Engineering will be responsible for maintaining the entire building and all its systems in order to ensure the safety of guests, staff members, vendors, patrons and diners. They will be the main point person to provide support for the service and operations teams, enabling them to offer an exceptional experience for all guests and visitors every day.
The ideal candidate for this role is a true problem solver, and enjoys assisting colleagues and helping all departments succeed. This is a leadership position, and candidates must be a passionate contributor to the success of the Hotel on a day to day basis.
The Head Engineer must possess great communication skills and a positive and optimistic approach. They will be able to balance multiple projects and a range of priorities on any given day, and will have a deep foundation of general building systems knowledge and experience.
- The Head Engineer is responsible for every aspect of the building infrastructure and the hands on maintenance of all building systems.
- They will perform and manage preventative maintenance programs on all equipment and systems within the organization.
- They will manage the Engineering team. This includes; scheduling, training, and mentoring to ensure the team is friendly, efficient and committed to the hotel s success.
- They will maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- They must communicate and prioritize all repairs, maintenance, upgrades, changes, and additions to systems within the building.
- They will track and be responsible for deadlines on all projects and report to Ownership and Department Heads.
- All projects, maintenance and repairs will be managed in a clean and efficient manner to ensure best results.
- They will continuously build relationships with maintenance vendors and equipment and materials suppliers and work with -Accounting Department to ensure best pricing for best quality service.
- Daily, they will respond and attend to guest and Manager repair requests.
- They must maintain compliance with all governing agencies, FDNY, DOH, DOB etc. Manage programs to maintain compliance and stay up to date on all required testing and reporting and training.
- They will keep the Hotel in top notch shape; all public spaces and rooms must be clean and well presented at all times. All BOH spaces must be clean and organized at all times.
In addition, this organization is a 24 7 365 business. The Head Engineer must be available to take emergency calls and be able to respond quickly to assist in resolving issues and supporting staff at any time.
- Proven experience successfully managing and leading a team of employees.
- Hotel-related Engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience and a high level of competence with HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Boiler, Cooling Tower, Elevator operations, Sump Pumps and other building related systems.
- Experience with and willingness to take a hands-on approach to all these responsibilities.
The Director of Engineering is a vitally important role. They must set up other departments to be successful every day, which requires a commitment to address a multitude of repairs, problems, operational issues, and concerns with a positive approach, flexibility and patience. Balancing the goal of efficiency while working within a 24 -7 operating business presents challenges that can only be overcome with thoughtful plans, which are well prioritized and supported and executed.
Annual compensation: $75K-100K, depending on experience + generous company benefits
Please respond with cover letter and resume.
More detail about Golden Age Hospitality part of Golden Age Hospitality, please visit
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...