Internship - Engineer (Bronx)
Compensation: $97,590.00 - $144,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At GLOBALFOUNDRIES, we make things that matter from the solutions that enable the way we live today, to the technologies that drive whats possible for tomorrow. Our people bring this power to life. A diverse and global team representing the best in the industry, we are united by our dedication to excellence and our desire to improve and empower the world. Come join our team of experts, innovators and passionate problem solvers. Collaborate with the industrys leading talent, build your expertise and help to make the things that move the world forward for our locations in Malta, NY, Burlington, VT and East Fishkill, NY FABs, as well as Santa Clara, CA.
We are currently seeking intern candidates with Engineering backgrounds for the following positions within Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical and Software Engineering.
Current open roles with GLOBALFOUNDRIES:
* Establish and manage the equipment quality control plan.
* Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning.
* Define and maintain equipment installation process qualification roadmaps - Drive process qualifications, implement process control plans and configuration with the area equipment engineers, including qualification, start up and volume ramp of process equipment
* Become knowledgeable of the design, facilitation, operation and maintenance of Chemical and Slurry Distribution systems
* Take ownership of specific High purity Chemical and Slurry distribution systems within 12 months
* Actively participate in problem solving sessions with Process and AME tool owners to develop hypotheses and DOEs and to generate corrective and preventive actions
* Take ownership of specific High purity Chemical and Slurry distribution systems
* Solve device reliability issue (HCI, NBTI, TDDB, Voltage Ramp,etc) to support new technology development and qualifications
* Develop new devices based on customers requirement and be able to directly interact with customer teams for technical issues and topics including device targeting, test macro designs, spice model development, device spec generation and overall PDK support
* Design, execute and analyze experiments aimed at the creation and optimization of new technologies within a development environment
* Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of tool availability, throughput
* improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning
* Set up equipment performance metrics for monitoring and adjusting according to fab goals
* Define and execute new equipment installation plans including requirements planning equipment selection, configuration, and installation coordination
* Establish and manage the equipment budget and cost model
* Implement concepts for a wide range of complex product issues and solutions
* Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding complex electrical issues for specific projects
* Generate product specifications with limited to no supervision
* Execute engineering projects, producing well organized, clean and clear technical drawings and specifications of a complex scope
* Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex electrical problems with limited to no supervision
* Formulate effective inline inspection strategy & methodology to support advanced technology development activities.
* Drive continuous improvement to streamline CFM workflow on defect detection efficiency and defect monitoring.
* Establish DOIs defect characterization techniques and drive inline CFM recipes optimization and innovation to meet defect capture rate.
* Define and maintain relevant defect matrixes for product performance, reliability, yield, and breakeven utilization targets for cost optimization.
* Monitor and manage daily in-line controls for defectivity and physical dimensions.
* Drive improvement projects to optimize current process for line yield, process cost and productivity.
* Manage quality deviations according to existing business processes.
* Coordinate capacity, manage cycle time, and facilitate and lead work teams in a 300mm Factory.
* Setup automation and inventory planning systems to optimize maximum utilization of tools relative to chamber and product mix.
* Drive cycle time reduction through prompt hold lot release, high inventory step management, and exclusion investigation.
* Manage static and dynamic bottlenecks daily through run plan development, part communication/execution, and gap analysis.
* Work with equipment, process engineers, and manufacturing teams to ensure production wafer quality (e.g. achieve Cp/Cpk targets, eliminate yield systematics and meet line/wafer yield targets) and on time delivery.
* Provide 24/7 startup, volume ramp and operations support for all respective semiconductor process equipment.
* Act as on shift technical resource, troubleshooting and responding to equipment and process issues. Support technician team with maintaining 24/7 coverage.
* Continue to improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
* Manage and track all aspects of GLOBALFOUNDRIES manufacturing processes, products, and/or equipment quality as it relates to our Fab 8 Quality Policy and Quality Management System
* Work closely with Process and/or Equipment modules to ensure effective alignment to and utilization of applicable quality systems such as Process Change Review Broad (PCRB), Material Review Board (MRB), Corrective Action Request (CAR), Return Material Authorization (RMA), benchmarks, and key process indicators (KPIs).
* Support in responding to assigned customer quality audit questionnaires and requests, follow-up with customers issues, follow-up/closure, and the planning, and coordinating of customer audits
* Drive for systematic quality improvement, identifying the real root causes of excursions through the use of quality tools such as 8D, Taguchi DOE, SPS, CAPA, etc.
* Design and develop C/C++, Java/JEE applications to ensure they are robust, extensible, and easy to maintain
* Maintain system and design documentation, and prepare materials for project reviews
* Develop test plans and carry out testing new application releases
* Perform troubleshooting and corrective actions during unscheduled application downtimes
Candidates must be working towards a four-year STEM degree or a masters level STEM degree
Globalfoundries offers tuition reimbursement, 401K matching and an extremely competitive benefits package.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Associated topics: bsee, cellular, diagram, dsp, electrical engineer, hardware, lighting, power, solar, wire
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...