Gas Power Aero Products & Services Joint Venture Function
United States Additional States/Provinces
Texas Postal Code
77015-6594 Role Summary/Purpose
The Houston Service Center – Production Supervisor for Gate 3 Operations provides repair, overhaul and testing services of Aeroderivative gas turbine engines and modules. The HSC Gate 3 Operations Leader will be responsible for scheduling and execution of assembly work plans that support the site’s production requirements.
As the Houston Service Center –Production you will:
· Lead a team of hourly shop operations employees in the execution of Gate 3 (Module and Engine Assembly) processes within the Houston Service Center
· Manage and plan resource allocation to meet engine and module assembly schedule targets, including, but not limited to headcount needs, work assignments, overtime planning etc.
· Establish and implement continuous improvement projects to improve Safety, Quality and cycle times for Gate 3 operations · Hire, train, develop and provide ongoing leadership of assigned personnel · Establish and maintain communication tools and structure to ensure team understands and delivers on schedule targets · Devise method to track, communicate and drive relevant Gate 3 Operations metrics. Make recommendations to leadership as required · Hold self and team accountable to GE EHS culture, driving a safe work place and environment · Unyielding commitment to GE principles of Compliance and Integrity · Perform any other job duties as assigned by the Gate 3 Cell Leader to support Service Center Operations
· Minimum 4 years experience in shop operations in a leadership role
Additional Eligibility Requirement GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Desired Characteristics
· Proven experience in Shop Operations/Production Scheduling/Material Planning. Experience Leading teams and delivering results. · Ability to interpret documents such as purchase orders, shop routers, engine and equipment operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals · Proven success in applying Lean Manufacturing principles and driving process improvements on the shop floor. · Strong computer skills / MS Excel, Access · Experience in Gas Turbine Repair Operations · Experience working in a highpaced Operations environment · Proven project management skills · Strong oral and written communication skills · Demonstrated Inclusive behavior with strong ability to connect with and influence team · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills · Demonstrated ability, collaborate and resolve problems
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:href=https://bit.ly/2CKV1wJ>@gecareers About Us
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Primary Country