If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Senior Auditor will report to the Manager, Internal Audit and assist them with the project management and execution of the company-wide audit plan. This role will have the opportunity for frequent global travel. In addition, the Senior Auditor will assist the audit leadership to develop the annual risk assessment and support the companys efforts with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
This position will ensure the effectiveness of internal controls in compliance with corporate objectives and government regulatory standards and enable the audit leadership to provide guidance to the platform and corporate financial leaders. This position will review, evaluate, develop, implement, maintain and verify internal financial and operational controls for processes, systems, financial statements, journals and reports in accordance with internal auditing and government mandated standards. The position will identify internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems and initiates appropriate remedial action.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Performs complex, value added professional internal auditing work.
• Work involves leading or supporting the planning and execution of operational, compliance and financial audits; providing consulting services to the organizations management and staff; providing key input to the development of the annual audit plan; and providing training and supervision to Internal Audit staff.
• Leading or assisting a team of controls analyst in the design and effectiveness testing of internal controls of the companys key business controls as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program.
• Candidate must be able to function independently under general supervision
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assists and/or leads as required in the planning, organizing and execution of financial, operational and compliance audits.
• May assist internal audit management with the development of a risk-based audit approach (including standard audit
procedures) which focuses on significant business risk exposures, improvement opportunities, as well as financial and compliance risks.
• Performs and leads the execution of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers questionnaires, composes summary memos, and prepares detailed working papers.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations to enhance internal
controls, maximize efficiency and minimize exposure to loss and regulatory risk using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. Drafts audit comments and report issues to support findings identified during field work.
• Obtains management agreement on control issues and commitment to implement recommendations.
• Assists corporate and site personnel with the ongoing design, maintenance and assessment of controls, including the creation and maintenance of process walkthroughs and controls documentation.
• Perform and lead periodic testing/assessment of controls.
• Provide Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls training to corporate and site personnel.
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts
and group meetings.
• Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Auditors/Control Analysts in conducting audits, the usage of tools, and other audit-related issues.
• Performs other related work as assigned by audit management.
• As requested, may represent Internal Audit on organizational project teams at management meetings and with external organizations.
• Be available to travel up to 30%, including international travel where valid passports/visas may be required.
• Accounting or Finance degree required, MBA a plus.
• 3-5 years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis.
• Prefer at least 1 or more years of supervisory or project management experience.
• CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, CFE certifications highly preferred.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to motivate and lead staff to the successful execution of an audit project.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and re-prioritize issues and tasks easily.
• Experience in negotiating issues and audit observations as well as in resolving problems with
• Possess effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills
and skills in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Advanced skills in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
• Excellent people skills and is flexible in adapting to fast changing situations.
• Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
• Advanced knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Awareness of requirements related to internal controls over financial reporting as set forth
by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002.
• Knowledge of the COSO controls framework
• Ability to establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
• Considerable skill in planning, project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Knowledge of or at least a familiarity with fraud, forensics, and other detection techniques and concepts.
• Familiarity with information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
• Skills and experience in the use of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs), such as Tableau, Power BI, IDEA and ACL.
• Advanced skills in collecting and analyzing complex data, analyzing and evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions.
• Advanced skills using Excel, databases and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and other analyses.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 30%
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Senior Auditor
Job Posting Category: Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location: Irving, Texas US
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 48848BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.