At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.Job DescriptionDescription
FLIR's Surveillance Business Development (BD) and Sales organization of the Surveillance Division is seeking a Director, Army Aviation Business Development in support of the Government and Defense Business Unit. This position will be located with our team in Huntsville, AL.Position Summary
The Surveillance Division delivers premier thermal imaging solutions and services to include research, prototyping, development, integration, training, deployment, operations and sustainment, using the FLIR Method, in support of our Army Aviation customers.
In this role, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have previously served in line management before transitioning to the business development field.
You will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned with the Army Aviation.
You will manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of the Army Aviation short and long-term business development goals. You will ensure that the Army Aviation Business Area maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive FLIR s analytics, tools and platforms expertise into new and evolving mission areas.Primary Responsibilities
- Partners with the Surveillance Global Business Development and Sales VP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Army Aviation s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources. Manages opportunity cross-functional teams of up to 15 functional area professionals.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Army Aviation priorities.
- Develops and implements the Army Aviation strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Coordinates with FLIR organizations who perform aviation solutions and emerging technologies in other markets Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of Business Development related experience, including 12 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple intel community organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Army Aviation and the 160th SOAR
- U.S. Army Flight Pilot rating
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 50% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- This position requires the individual to be a U.S. citizen.
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes with a focus on Army aviation
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Surveillance and across FLIR
- Experience with major US aerospace OEMs
- Experience with two major Army airworthiness authorities and test agencies
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $100 million or greaterpr
- Experience with airborne thermal imaging systems in their operating environment
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
- Must be eligible for a SECRET clearance.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: b2c, business, business intelligence, business planning, mba, retail, sales, strategic, territory sales, wholesale