Optical Systems Engineer (Land O Lakes)
Compensation: $104,145.00 - $196,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Searching for a role where you drive some of the future s most promising innovations? FARO is an international company where ideas count more than hierarchy. We develop and market computer-aided 3D measurement and imaging devices and software. At FARO, smart, skilled people work together in an open atmosphere . And challenging work never gets boring.
Become a part of this great team and start moving forward.
We are seeking an Optical Systems Engineer
for our Research & Development team in the Lake Mary, FL area. We want an innovative engineer with a creative mind willing to stretch the limits of technology to join our highly motivated engineering team. If your professional engineering goal is to have a stable career with a direct impact creating innovating state-of-the-art products, this is an ideal job for you. Due to the confidential nature of the work, all essential functions must be performed on FARO premises.
This role will focus on sensor technologies and lens design, including the analog and digital circuitry relating to these technologies. The engineer will continuously evaluate lens and sensor technologies, test existing solutions and develop new ones that meet the needs of the various FARO project groups.We have:
- Leading edge technology
- A team of Research and Development Professionals to work with
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
How will you make a difference @ FARO:
- B.S. degree required in Optics, Physics, Mathematics, or related applicable field with excellent academic credentials. Prefer: M.S. or PhD degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Optical Systems
- Experience with Lens Design, including
- From UV (ultraviolet) to LWIR (long wave infra-red)
- Physical optics and diffraction
- Experience with Illumination Design
- Both laser and LED
- Dealing with speckle
- Laser and diode safety
- Experience with Sensor Design
- Line and array sensors
- Optical resolution requirements
- Programing experience using C, C++ or C# is desirable.
- Familiarity with Opto-Mechanical design
- Familiarity with optical test equipment, such as:
- Experience with mathematical tools such as MathCad and MatLab
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems and lab equipment
- Demonstrated technical leadership and strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to make technical decisions with minimal support and oversight.
What FARO can offer you:
- Key contributor in the design and development of non-contact metrology products.
- Develop advanced algorithms, mathematical models and computer simulations for calibration and compensation of non-contact metrology products.
- Design and conduct experiments to analyze and isolate the root cause of problems related to product accuracy and repeatability.
- Perform statistical studies of various parameters related to both current products as well as new designs to assist in the continuous improvement of product designs.
- Identify and evaluate new technology, determining how it may be applicable to the organization s product line or operations. Conduct research on new technology, which may benefit organization and determine its capabilities and applicability to the organization s product line.
- Provide technical advice within field of expertise to other organization personnel as may be requested. Evaluate current processes and procedures, recommending and implementing changes where indicated and approved.
- Assist in the definition, specification, implementation and test of firmware, software and control electronics for processing 3D measurement data.
- Lead the diagnosis of complex problems with our products and recommend solutions with minimal oversight.
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
Occasional lifting of very lightweight materials, rare lifting of lightweight materials (up to 25 lbs.) Some pushing & pulling and reaching, continuous sitting, occasional standing and walking. Continuous use of computer, keyboard and mouse.
Join us. Become part of a dynamic organization that values quality, leadership, teamwork,
honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business. www.faro.com/careers.
FARO Technologies provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Associated topics: eye, optometric, optometry, sme, tpa
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...