Desktop Support Technician Job Summary
An intermediate position that performs tasks related to the repair of a variety of technology-based products typically associated in an end-user computing environment.
· Performs basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities, typically associated in an end-user environment, including but not limited to PC’s, desktops, laptops, tablets and printers.
· Provide support to client identified VIPs
· Responds to change management requests including installing new PC equipment, providing end-user desk side support and other related activities.
· Perform Install/Move/Add or Change (IMAC) activities.
· Perform all assigned desk-side support activities
· Display outstanding technical and professional services skills at all times
· Meet - established customer service satisfaction levels and other operational/customer service metrics as outlined in established guidelines
· Proactively communicate with the end-user and service desk personnel regarding arrival times, repair time estimates and status of the repair
· Understands and follows all documented service operations policies and procedures.
· Other duties or certifications may be assigned to meet business needs
Education and Experience:
· Typically requires technical school certification or equivalent of 2-4 years of relevant experience
· Certifications and/or Qualifications:
· Maintain all required OEM Certifications as directed by Management
· Knowledge of relevant software and hardware systems
· Understanding of ITIL methodologies
· A+ certification is desired
· May require additional customer-specific certifications or training as required
· Excellence in communication and customer-facing skills
· Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
· Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instruction
· Ability to lift and or move various computer equipment up to 50 lbs.
· Must own a basic repair kit
· Additional requirements may exist if offer of employment is extended
Job Type: Full-time