RN - PHYSICIAN OFFICE, FAMILY MEDICINE - EXCELA SQUARE LATROBE PRIMARY CARE- FULL TIME
Employment Type: Full-Time
Performs direct patient care activities, such as lab tests, treatments, and medication administration. These are performed under the direction of the Nurse Manager and/or the physician in preparation for the patient's examination and treatment. Utilizes the nursing process to assess patient's condition and direct to the appropriate level of care using internal and external resources. Carries out clerical activities. Quality control activities, performance improvement initiatives, etc. in support of the physician practice as assigned.
- Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance.
- Delivers direct and indirect patient care in accordance with the RN Practice Act, hospital and/or physician practice policies, procedures, protocols and other professional standards of care.
- Collects patient health care data, including VS, weight, chief complaint and pain assessment focusing on the physical, psychosocial, age, cultural and spiritual needs of the patient.
- Completes an initial assessment of the patient's health history, learning needs and barriers, physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs and reassesses annually.
- Involves the patient/ family and other health care professionals when appropriate.
- Completes patient care treatments/testing as ordered by the physician.
- Administers medications/immunizations using appropriate routes and techniques specific to age of the patient.
- Complies with completeness, accuracy and timeliness of documentation.
- Provides education and instruction, within their scope of practice, to patients and families.
- Assesses the patient's readiness to learn, educational needs and educational barriers.
- Provides educational material and/or instruction based on assessed needs.
- Documents all education/instruction provided including topic, individual provided to and understanding.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with physicians to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Prepares patients for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Assists the physician with treatments and procedures as requested.
- Provides for patient safety in compliance with hospital and physician practices policies.
- Utilizes two forms of patient identification before implementing any form of patient care.
- Labels all patient specimens with identifiers per policy.
- Uses patient identifiers on all written documentation, including notes and point of care testing results.
- Assists in compliance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Adheres to infection control process, including standard precautions, to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting infections.
- Participates in non-punitive medication reporting.
- Demonstrates leadership by utilizing the concepts inherent to the practice of professional nursing.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve problems independently and seeks assistance from immediate supervisor when appropriate.
- Maintains accountability for actions taken.
- Delegates patient care appropriately.
- Effectively functions as a resource person.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Performs effectively in the role of preceptor/mentor to new hires and/or students.
- Assists in maintaining/decreasing organizational/departmental costs
- Coordinates communications between patients/families and physician practice, pharmacies, specialists, and insurance carriers.
- Provides advice based on protocols and physician instructions and directs patients to the appropriate level of care.
- Facilitates patient's access to prescription refills based on physician order.
- Obtains prior authorizations and/or assists with indigent programs per physician order based on the patient's financial status or insurance coverage.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives within the physician practice.
- Assists in data collection as directed by the manager/physician.
- Incorporates into practice performance improvement initiatives that have been implemented.
- Maintains the environment of care.
- Ensures that supplies in patient care areas are replenished daily.
- Consistently maintains a clean safe environment.
- Follows policies pertaining to daily/weekly/ monthly quality control for refrigerator temperature, and equipment controls.
- Performs POC testing as ordered by the physician.
- Completes all quality control testing per policy and manufacturers guidelines.
- Uses two patient identifiers, name and DOB, prior to testing.
- Follows appropriate procedures when collecting patient specimens
- Accurately records patient test results on appropriate result form and testing log.
- Identifies results that are out of acceptable range and follows up prior to performing patient testing.
- Prepares forms, copies records, and responds to requests per policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the patient's medical record to facilitate filing and retrieval of information.
- Participates in staff education.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program.
- ACT 73
- Functional Skills on PC and Related Software (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of basic Office Equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.
- Previous experience in an outpatient office setting.
Loading some great jobs for you...