PATIENT INFORMATION COORDINATOR - EXCELA SQUARE LATROBE, PRIMARY CARE - LATROBE - FULL TIME
Employment Type: Full-Time
Performs administrative and secretarial functions in direct support of the physician practice. Position has direct customer contact to obtain accurate demographic and insurance information and to facilitate scheduling the patient for appointments and procedures. Communicates with internal and external customers. Facilitates referral, authorizations, scheduling, and patient flow through the process.
- Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance.
- Ensure positive customer service atmosphere and interactions in reception area.
- Interacts with external customers in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Interacts with co-workers and internal customers in a respectful and professional manner.
- Processes telephone calls and messages promptly, accurately, courteously, and efficiently.
- Follows recommended department guidelines for triage and scheduling of patients.
- Process patient information.
- Interviews and pre-registers patients at the time of or prior to the visit date.
- Enters all information into the billing system per established policies and procedures.
- Accurately codes visit based on diagnosis given.
- Identifies coding discrepancies and seeks clarification to maximize reimbursement/minimize rejections.
- Enters all charges/codes into billing system accurately.
- Supports financial objectives.
- Makes every effort to collect payments at the time of the visit.
- Accurately completes cash sheets.
- Delivers cash and cash sheets daily to appropriate place.
- Assists in maintaining/decreasing organizational/departmental costs.
- Facilitates patient access to care.
- Schedules patients for appropriate intervals and provider based on protocols.
- Assists patients to access specialty care and testing per physician order where applicable by office location.
- Provides instructions and directions based on protocols and physician order.
- Assists the patient to meet insurance requirements for continued care.
- Process referrals in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and submits necessary information to obtain timely authorizations.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Performs effectively in the role of preceptor/mentor to new hires and/or students.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems and seeks assistance from immediate supervisor when appropriate.
- Assists in department's compliance with JCAHO and/or other regulatory agencies.
- Participates in continuous survey readiness for inspections and surveys.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives within the physician practice.
- Assists in data collection as directed by the manager/physician.
- Incorporates into practice performance improvement initiatives that have been implemented.
- Maintains the environment of care.
- Ensures that supplies are replenished daily.
- Consistently maintains a clean safe environment.
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent knowledge
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program or completion within six (6) months.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Basic working knowledge of computers and office equipment
- Previous outpatient office experience. Two years' experience in a medical/billing/fiscal or customer service function strongly preferred. Medical terminology and third party health care coverage experience preferred.
Loading some great jobs for you...