Your job alert was successfully created.
Enter Your Email Please enter a valid email. Please submit Captcha. Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later. Consent & Privacy Agreement
GeisingerEncompass Health is currently looking for a Business Development Director to join their hospital senior team.
Geisinger Encompass Health isa 42 bed acute rehabilitation hospital on the campus of Geisinger MedicalCenter in Danville, PA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient andOutpatient rehabilitation offering a wide base of physical rehabilitative carefor orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury,stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.LOCATION: 64 Rehab Ln, Danville, PA 17821
Ourhospital has a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists andMedical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With anaverage length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to knowour patients and their families.
Weare proud of the fact that about 80% of the patients admitted to GeisingerEncompass Health are discharged directly to their homes.
Usingevidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients, we utilize ourclinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions andprograms. We participate in a national outcomes database, which providesbenchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze andimprove our patient outcomes.The Business Development Director is responsible for hospital inpatient and outpatient census through the design and implementation of referral programs and customer service strategies. Oversees inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops hospital-wide Business Development Team. Serves in a Senior Leadership role.
Job Code: 100146
License or Certification:
- Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to company policy
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred.
- Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment
- Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 40 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at the Home Office in Birmingham, AL.