Housekeeping Supervisor (Vineland)
Compensation: $35,855.00 - $68,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Reports to: EVS Manager
FSLA: NON- Exempt
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Directs and administers environmental programs in a clear, orderly, economical and aseptic environment in assigned location
RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES -
- Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation and equipment of the facility.
- Ensures appropriate appearance, performance, and interpersonal relationships of all departmental employees.
- Ensures the employment of all safety precautions and equipment in work areas.
- Assigned and monitors employee work areas for quality control
- Maintains judicious use of supplies and equipment
- Listens and acts on complaints involving departmental operations of employees.
- Lifts, handles, and manipulates office materials, departmental supplies, and environmental services equipment when demonstrating their use.
- Proves cooperative with other department heads, and is fair in dealings with employees.
- Formulates curriculum for and conducts in-service training programs utilized by the department.
- Interviews and makes final selection of job applicants.
- Executes dismissal procedures for unsatisfactory employees, and initiates disciplinary action as necessary.
- Plans and directs departmental work schedule considering such factors as traffic, patient care routines, visiting hours, and the nature of the task or procedures to be completed.
- Systematically inspects completed tasks to ascertain the quality of performance.
- Establishes standards, procedures, and schedules.
- Maintains working relationship with professional, administrative, and line level personnel within other departments.
- Initiates and directs training programs, demonstrates new equipment and methods.
- Inspects facility to determine that environmental standards are maintained.
- Participates in conferences, committees, and programs as required by the facility.
- Monitors agreements and the performance of outside contractors providing inter-related services.
- Maintains cooperative relationship with other departments.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with professional, administrative and line level personnel.
- Ensuring all manual are current and all training material is completed in a timely fashion.
- Initiates corrective actions after detecting evidence of uncleanliness, poor performance, and waste of materials.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required or equivalency. Some college education, including courses in Environmental Sciences, Personnel Management, and Business Administration are considered desirable.
- Considerable initiative and judgment in selecting new equipment and supplies, developing environmental standards and procedures, selecting new employees, and developing training programs.
- Three years environmental services in increasing areas if responsibility required, including one year of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Have excellent communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talks or hears. The employee is required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...