Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life. I: Job Summary
Perform analytical testing per cGMP in support of raw material, in-process, final product, stability. Typical hours are 10:00pm - 6:30am, Sunday evening through Friday morning. Hours may vary to meet business and training needs. II: Responsibilities
- Perform various analytical testing procedures as per manufacturing/Quality Control batch records, Stability Protocols, etc.
- Perform analytical work per method transfer/ validation programs.
- Work with Project Managers and QA to ensure timely testing and release of samples.
- Perform instrumental analysis such as Karl Fischer, UV, HPLC and Gas chromatography.
- Inform supervisor upon observing out of specification results.
- Perform moderately complex test methods such as ELISA, etc.
- Participate in investigations of OOS results and other related studies.
- Participate in calibration, troubleshooting various types of equipment including proactive resolution of instrument issues.
- Write protocols and reports as necessary.
- Write and review SOP's and Testing Standards as necessary.
- Assist in training other Analysts.
- Review, analyze, interpret and report data.
- Verifies and enters approved results in LIMS.
- Complies trend analysis and write associated reports for internal and regulatory use.
- Practice Good Documentation and Laboratory Safety Procedures per the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support department compliance and productivity goals.
- Track time worked per project.
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Participation in biomedical screening is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned. III: Education, Experience & Skills
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
- B.S. in chemistry or related field
- Minimum of 2-4 years in a GMP analytical chemistry laboratory
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 40 lbs, and pull 40 lbs. Use phone, fax, copier, and computer. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Associated topics: alcohol test, intern, internship, lab support, lab tech, lab technologist, laboratory, laboratory technician, quality control, research associate