The CNC Multi Axis Lathe Set Up / Operator will set up and operate CNC Multi Axis Lathes to perform various machine functions such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming and boring of workpieces utilizing live tooling.
Ehrhardt Engineered Solutions is a precision manufacturer that designs and builds custom tools, dies, special machines, automated equipment and fully integrated solutions from concept to final specification. Ehrhardt also manufactures critical use nuclear fuel products and assemblies for the commercial nuclear power industry.
- Read and interpret engineered drawings and programs, set up sheets, sketches and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, set up procedures, control settings and machining methods and sequences.
- Mount, align and secure tooling, attachments and workpiece on machine.
- Select, install and touch off cutting tools in machine spindle.
- Create or load part program in machine controller.
- Calculate and set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed and coolant flow.
- Start machine and monitor display and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stop machine to change cutting tools and set up according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to engineered drawing specifications.
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operate machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Discuss program errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Clean machine, tooling, parts and work area.
- Performs basic machine maintenance
- Follow safety regulations and reports safety violations to management.
- Operate multiple pieces of equipment at one time if the job allows.
The CNC Multi Axis Lathe Set Up / Operator Buyer will be responsible for delivering results that include the following:
- Working with Management to ensure the most appropriate methods are being used to produce parts
- Contribute to company goals by completing jobs safely, efficiently, and under budget.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 5 years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic math and computer skills
- Live tool experience
- Conversational programming
- Esprit programming is a plus
- Mori Seki and Okuma experience is a plus