Loading some great jobs for you...
The Data Architect will collaborate with the stakeholders and build solutions that support their reporting, analytics, data exploration and data science needs. This role will also facilitate and guide technology solutions to ensure that the solution design adheres to the strategic direction of the enterprise architecture. Additionally, they will confirm the solution aligns with business goals and processes, uses and provides enterprise information consistently, integrates effectively with other applications, supports a common application environment and user interaction model and achieves enterprise level security, performance requirements, reusability, availability, data integrity, quality of service and scale. This role will lead process improvement initiatives and in setting the best-practice standards around Data Architecture, Metadata, and Data Quality flows.
• Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
• Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
• Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
• Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
• Actively participate in all phases of the SDLC from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure delivery of the designed solution within required timeframes.
• Collaborate with Business Units, Architects, and technical managers to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution plan, and serve as a lead, when required, to implement the solution.
• Interact with departments across the organization. Provide leadership and mentoring in areas of expertise and architecture to peers, developers, management, and business users including technical expertise and ad-hoc training. Prepare presentations within area of expertise.
• Build and maintain a repository for architecture deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents. Market, share, consult and oversee best practices to business units and development teams. Establish communication forums for architecture framework, new ideas, etc.
• Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
• Partner with ETL developers, architects, clients, other technical data warehouse team members and database administrators to design and develop high performing ETL and maintain consistent development functions.
• Optimize new and current database systems
• Other duties assigned by manager
• B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent work experience preferred.
• 4+ years of demonstrated experience in business systems analysis, requirements gathering, design, database modeling, development and testing.
• 4+ years of demonstrated experience architecting and developing Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse applications.
• 4+ years of experience with developing SQL Server applications.
• Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification (MCSE) a plus.
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles
• Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Expertise in SQL
• expertise in designing well performing solutions with an ability to tune data warehouse objects for efficiency and accuracy
• Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
• Proven analytical skills
• Problem-solving attitude
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...