A well established and regarded plastic injection mold making company is searching for Sr. Mold Designer with experience designing production plastic injection molds. The Sr. Mold Designer works with customer data, and the company President, to create robust injection mold designs that consider company and customer standards along with manufacturing best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review customer data for tooling feasibility issues and propose alternate product design solutions for any concerns found
- Identify undercuts, threads, irregular parting lines, and so forth, in the part to be molded and develop tooling actions and designs as required
- Create preliminary stack mold concepts for review
- Create complete 3D mold designs with fully detailed 2D drawings for any custom components or modified standard components.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience required
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or NX with Mold Wizard is preferred
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability
- A background in mold-making or mold building would be ideal
- An engineering degree (A.S. or B.S.) is helpful, but not required