DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, were crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 24,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 170,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018, totaled US$48.1 billion.
Provides strategic leadership and guidance for Production Engineering activities in order to achieve Corporate and Department goals while maintaining and improving quality, safety, productivity, and profitability. Manages and coordinates the work of highly-skilled engineering staff with an emphasis on research and development of new product lines and expansion of existing product lines.
• Provides strategic and technical guidance in new products, engineering changes, preparation control, machine and process kaizen investment plan control, and quality improvement. Responsible for research and development of new and existing product lines.
• Directs, reviews, and approves work assignments within the Department, which may include the preparation of drawings, procedures, sketches, etc., necessary for the maintenance, development, and improvement of new and existing products.
• Prepares reports and reviews the reports of others for submission to Production Engineering top management. These reports may include cost savings, expenditures, monthly and project update reports.
• Conducts a continuous search of new materials, processes, and procedures to enhance and improve the product line.
• Coordinates and participates in annual and on-going projects. Attends and facilitates various types of meetings as they pertain to Production Engineering activities.
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures which pertain to the Department.
• Communicates regularly with DNJP to obtain information pertaining to Production Engineering processes, job implementation, etc.
• Evaluates team members' work performance and assists in upgrading their development and talent.
• Performs Human Resource activities including tracking time and attendance, counseling, scheduling, etc.
• Fosters high morale and teamwork in the Production Engineering Department by supporting the activities of subordinates through daily interaction and one-on-one contact.
• Maintains an appropriate level of conventionality and conformance in regard to the corporate culture as expressed in the Associate Handbook. Relates well with others, including as appropriate, peers, supervisor, subordinates, customers and suppliers. Maintains good attendance and assumes appropriate role(s) when working in a team environment. Responds appropriately to unexpected and/or continuing situations which develop in the work environment.
• Assists the manufacturing area in the development of processes and molds necessary to produce the product.
• Maintains a system of budget and schedule control.
• Interviews candidates and selects potential new hires.
• May lead standardization of quality systems and certification efforts for the Department.
• May assume responsibilities of team members in their absence.
• Travels as needed based on Company business requirements.
• Maintains appropriate expertise to ensure an effective technical level by utilizing all resources available.
• Reviews and approves expenses of up to $5,000. Manages fixed asset program for the company. Approves large scale fixed assets and makes final approval to DMAR president. Manages fixed asset program for DMAR. Makes recommendations
• Fulfills administrative and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor's degree, 12 years exempt experience and 4 years management experience.
• In-depth knowledge of Production Engineering policies, procedures, processes, and terms, including engineering theories and design criteria.
• Strong management and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and good presentation skills.
• Ability to negotiate and provide input and recommendations both internally and externally.
• Ability to coordinate and monitor a high level of activity as demonstrated under a variety of conditions and constraints.
• Ability to comprehend complex instructions and respond effectively and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Knowledge of appropriate office software applications.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.