Director, Projects Procurement (Corona)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Delek US Holdings, Inc.is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated inTylerandBig Spring, Texas,El Dorado, ArkansasandKrotz Springs, Louisianawith a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist ofDelek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) ofDelek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP(NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee inthe United Statesand operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and westTexasandNew Mexico.
TheDirector Projects Procurementwill be located in Nashville, TN and is responsiblefor all major project procurement on all assigned projects, with estimated annual spend of $300+ MM direct dollars in 3rd party capital spend. Develops key supply chain processes, strategy, and resources for services, equipment, and materials in support of all major projects. Optimize spend, leverage the supply base, minimize risk and ensure compliance to regulatory standards to meet the needs of our enterprise-wide major projects.
Works closely with Project VPs, Directors and Senior Projects personnel and planning teams to understand Capital and Project Plans, support the DPEP process and develop and align the Major Projects contracting and sourcing strategy, in support of on time and in budget delivery. This role will report to the Sr. Director Supply Chain, Refining & Major Projects but will also support Logistics and Retail Projects as needed.
- Drive the SCM agenda, contracting strategy and execution plan in collaboration with and in support of Major Projects Strategy and Plan, securing buy-in from senior leadership and other key stakeholders across the Business and the Function.
- Establish effective SCM contract and sourcing management processes, while appropriately challenging third party spend arrangements and contracts, in order to deliver value and optimize refinery capital spend for all Major Projects.
- Build and nurture effective relationships with senior major projects leadership, other refinery stakeholders (Engineering, TAR, and Projects) and external suppliers and contractors, influencing as appropriate to gain necessary alignment. Participate in cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and Category Managers to review spend and to develop and implement major projects and EPC preferred supplier base, agreed sourcing, and contracting strategies for projects
- Lead or participate as required in negotiations and ensure efficient deployment of agreed supply arrangements and contracting plans to deliver step-change in productivity and cost competitiveness across EPCs and Projects.
- Drive improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of project procurement and long lead materials management process, including necessary systems and controls, to provide assurance around project sourcing and procurement in line with project timeline and budget.
- Champion use of Deleks SCM processes, chosen tools, and methodologies including the execution of sourcing events through e-sourcing technology.
- Champion EHS&S agenda with EPCs, Project Procurement, and supplier base, through rigorous sourcing, contracting and supplier management activities.
- Ensure behaviors and actions are compliant with all applicable Delek SCM standards, policies, and Limits of Authority. Ensure compliance with the Law and Delek's code of conduct. Monitor suppliers and contractors as appropriate to ensure they work in a manner consistent with the code and our Core values.
- Participate in performance management framework for Major Project activities, ensuring the accuracy of reporting, reviewing performance with Project leadership and leading performance interventions as required. Manage key Project supplier relationships as appropriate.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Business, Finance or related discipline required
- All Procurement and Supply Chain Certifications a plus
- Preferred 15+ years overall work experience as follows (experience may overlap):
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Projects, Engineering or Project Procurement
- Minimum of 5 years procurement, supply chain, commercial, contract development or contract management experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with EPCs
- Minimum of 3 years energy industry experience required
- Strong contracting skills with in-depth understanding of the various contract Terms and Conditions, with the ability to write and/or validate scope, indemnities, liabilities, etc.
- Good influencing, negotiation and analytical skills are required
- A strong collaborator across the business, Supply Chain and other support Functions
- Makes decisions with good judgment, taking responsibility for and being focused on the delivery of results.
- Applies strong personal integrity and has a high service orientation.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for use in decision-making and actions in support of business strategy.
- Project Management, SAP, Ariba, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel as required within North America
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
BECOME PART OF THE ENERGY
Its an exciting time to join Delek. Were on a mission to attract, retain, and engage the best and brightest talent those who are great team players and leaders who make it their first priority to serve.
- We are performance driven
- We value a passion for excellence
- We value teamwork
- We value and reward hard work and dedication
Delek US offers the opportunity to provide you with more than a job we want to help you build a career.
Since our inception, our ability to hire the right people for the job has served us well, resulting in an impressive record of consistent growth and profitability. With more than 3,500 employees in nine states, we have brought together a diverse team of professionals passionate about investing their time and expertise in one of the most dynamic downstream energy companies in the market today.
Associated topics: 3pl, commodity, material, meat, plastics, procurement, provider, purchasing manager, supply, warehouse
Loading some great jobs for you...