Purpose of Position:
Responsible for installation, maintenance, support and availability of the company s IT assets. Studies vendor products to determine those which best meet company needs; assists in presentation of information to management, resulting in purchase and installation of IT related hardware, software, and telecommunication equipment. Maintains LAN security. Provides desktop end user support to ensure network and computer availability. Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced. Installs all network hardware and software. Provides administration support for telecommunications systems. Troubleshoots LAN problems. Implements LAN policies, procedures and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems and company s objectives. Trains users on LAN operations. Maintains software licensing information to ensure audit compliance and acceptable usage under vendor s end user licensing agreements.
1. Provide desktop and network support for Branson s local and remote end user community for intermediate/advanced level support issues which include (but not limited to) MS Windows, MS Server, and all other IT supported computer applications.
2. Provide hardware and software setup for new end user node installations and end user support for existing systems with a minimum of direct supervision.
3. Serve as primary technical resource for Tier 1 support personnel and provide Tier 1 support as business demands warrant.
4. Install standard application packages for end users. Ensure non-standard applications comply with all security and configuration standards prior to production installation.
5. Manage, monitor and test LAN backup systems to ensure complete, reliable restoration of network-based applications and data.
6. Ensure security procedures are implemented and enforced.
7. Train users on LAN operations and procedures.
8. Manage and support mobile devices.
9. Support phone system for adds, moves, changes and troubleshooting.
10. Maintain all software licensing records to ensure audit compliance.
11. Provide backup support for server-based applications.
12. Other duties as required by supervisor.
BS Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent of 5-7 years of hands on experience in a multi-facility global IT environment. Appropriate certifications in end user support or relevant technology a plus.Skills
Technical Knowledge / Experience:
Minimum of five years end user support experience in a LAN/WAN environment that includes Windows Server and Windows desktop operating systems. Working familiarity of the Microsoft suite of office products. Experience troubleshooting Intel processor-based computers. Expert command of Microsoft Active Directory and the support and administration of login scripts, new user setups, network interface and printing over the network. Working familiarity of AS/400-LAN connectivity. Working familiarity with LANDesk and Symantec protection suite. Working familiarity and administration of mobile devices. Good interpersonal and organizational ability to interact at all levels of the organization to effectively understand, solve and communicate with internal customers.
Must be able to lift computer hardware for end user installations and disposals. Occasional travel to remote offices.- provided by Dice