Director Biostatistics (Vineland)
Compensation: $114,020.00 - $163,550.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
About Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise
The mission of Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise is to leverage our world-class, innovative science and push beyond traditional thinking to create meaningful treatments for patients with cancer. We are dedicated to transforming science into value for patients, and this sense of obligation informs everything we do. Anchored by three pillars including our investigational Antibody Drug Conjugate Franchise, Acute Myeloid Leukemia Franchise and Breakthrough Science, we aim to deliver seven distinct new molecular entities over eight years during 2018 to 2025. Our powerful research engines include two laboratories for biologic/immuno-oncology and small molecules in Japan, and Plexxikon Inc., our small molecule structure-guided R&D center in Berkeley, CA. Job Summary
Position leads very complex studies or entire drug project in study design, data analysis and interpretation of results independently with minimal supervision. This position provides input to entire drug development plans with minimal supervision and authors regulatory responses and other documents with minimal supervision. This position interacts with global project teams and global Health Authorities, as well as contract research organization (CRO) programmers and statisticians. Additionally, this position works under minimal supervision to solve complex project problems. Responsibilities:
- Protocol Development, Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP), Statistical Analysis, Results Interpretation, and Clinical Study Report (CSR): Leads statistical activities for very complex studies or an entire project. Act as statistical expert in the assigned projects. Guides the project team in using the most efficient or innovative study design by considering the regulatory agencies' requirements for the country and Regions the compound will be submitted, and helps to maximize the success of the drug product.
- Serves as project statistician and ensures the study designs are scientifically sound, the efficacy and safety information meets regulatory requirements of the countries and Regions the drugs will be submitted. Ensures consistency in data collection, derived data definition, analysis file structure, statistical analysis and result interpretation throughout the drug project; Leads the planning and analysis of integrated efficacy and safety data; Review the relevant sections of the electronic common technical document (eCTD).
- Drug Development Strategy: Provides input to the entire development plan to ensure the overall strategy can deliver the pre-specified product profile, is logical, scientifically sound, proposed studies have appropriate designs, efficacy and safety information to be collected meet regulatory agencies' requirements for countries and regions the drug is to be submitted.
- Research statistical methodologies and addresses specific statistical issues in the design of clinical studies from preclinical through Phase 3 and 4.
- CRO / Vendor Oversight: Participates in drafting request for proposal for CRO selection. Reviews and negotiates baseline budget and timelines; Guides CRO biostatistician and statistical programmers on assigned projects to ensure consistency in derived data definition, analysis files structure, analysis methodologies, and accuracy of analysis results. Ensures timely delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Global Health Authority Interaction / Negotiation: Authors documents and responses submitted to Health Authorities globally with some guidance from supervisor. Represents statistics function to Health Authorities meetings as needed.
- Global BDO Strategy to Improve Drug Development: Leads global BDO initiatives to improve the harmonization and efficiency of drug development which leads to cost savings with minimal supervision.
- PhD in statistics or biostatistics
- Minimum 9 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Biostatistics & Data ManagementState
Associated topics: biostatistics, data analyst, probability, statistics, c
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...