Task Force Director of Finance (Waterbury Center)
Compensation: $122,610.00 - $197,830.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will find the contact information to request the appropriate accommodation by visiting the following page:
Crescent Corporate United States
10306 Eaton Pl
Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
- Acts as the Chief Business Officer to the general manager and EC Team, and as such is responsible for evaluating the financial impact on business decisions.
- Ensure that all levels of management are promptly notified of any financial deviations from established policies and/or control weaknesses in the hotel.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues, as required to management and ownership. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash-flow statements, management of receivables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement strategies to management.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure hotels compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Coordinate the completion of all forecasts and budgets as required, with the full and active participation of EC Team and department managers.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, credit extension, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively hiring professional staff and assisting in recruiting, reviewing, recommending and maintaining an inventory of qualified and promotable Associates that can potentially become Directors of Finance, Assistant Directors of Finance, Accounting Managers, and other managers for the organization.
- Continually focus on training and development programs for finance associates to cultivate the brightest and best talent within the industry.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Ensure proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all IT systems and equipments.
- Direct and/or prepare all financial reports in accordance with IHR requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines:
- Review and submit a Daily Revenue Report.
- Ensure timely deposit of all cash and transmission of Credit Cards.
- Review Labor Report for overtime and any variance to Forecast.
- Review departmental Checkbooks and advise of any needed changes.
- Distribute and discuss weekly G/L report with department managers.
- Update GM on any unfavorable financial issues impacting the month.
- Ensure there is sufficient cash to meet all scheduled obligations.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet with proper back up.
- Ensure that all banks are counted.
- Count the main vault.
- Review Key Financial Controls Checklist to ensure adherence and compliance.
- Review actual numbers to forecast to find discrepancies in forecasting to improve accuracy in future months.
- Participate in the monthly Credit Meeting.
- Actively participate, complete and review the forecast with Department Heads prior to submission.
- Complete the Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ) bi-annually.
- Conduct a surprise payroll audit bi-annually.
- Actively participate, complete and review the annual budget with Department Heads prior to submission.
- Prepare all analysis that may be required by ownership and outside accounting firms.
- Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency:
Executive Committee Sales & Service Financial Review
Departmental Budget & Forecast Credit & Collection Business Review Meeting
- Ensure and monitor that the hotel is in compliance with all report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in finding and implementing their solutions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the professional attire and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Crescent Hotels and Resorts standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
A minimum of 8 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/Finance concentration and a minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 6 years of related progressive experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: audit, budget, corporate banking, cpa, expense, finance director, financial, financial controller, tax, treasure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...