About Core & Main
Core & Main ( ) is one of North America's largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Gather, analyze, and document business requirements for internal customers. Ensure technology solutions align with business needs and strategic goals. Research, design, document, test and leverage business solutions. Assist in defining and planning departmental project roadmaps. Partner with clients and manage prioritization and delivery of IT services for an application module or subject area.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Interfaces with Business Stakeholders and IT infrastructure teams to define, gather, and document business processes and needs, and translate into detailed functional specifications for development. Performs business systems and process analysis of existing and future systems/processes. Conducts interviews and requirements gathering workshops. Ensures sign-off of all artifacts.
- Coordinates requirements for new and existing applications. Assists in testing, training plan development and training, support for users, and developing user documentation (ie web manuals, reference guides, etc.). Participates in QA process; identifies test cases; explains complex processes; aids in developing test plans.
- Analyzes current state and emerging technology/application functionality and business needs proactively to add value.
- Develops detailed business case, ROI calculations, value definition, cost assessments (expense/capital), benefits, and risk analysis
- Works with the project team to manage project scope and timeline, from conception to implementation. Manages project tasks and project life cycle phases (ie defining requirements, documentation, process flows and specifications, etc.) to meet customer goals and requirements. May act as a Project Manager on approved projects, defining scope, project schedules, and implementing solutions per IT tollgate processes.
- Coordinates relationship and communication with the client and prioritizes the delivery of IT services.
- Conducts root cause analysis using knowledge of applications, interfaces, and technology for defect resolution in a module or subject area.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Supporting Online Advantage and PowerScope
- Project Management Experience
- UAT/QA Experience
- Experience Leading large initiatives.
- Heavy Backend experience, building reports, managing hierarchies, and Intermediate to advanced
- Must be knowledgeable in all phases of software development and project management life cycle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Visio
- Experience with Agile/iterative development methodologies and tools
- Experience with Defect Management Tools (eg Quality Center, Bugzilla, Jira)
- Experience in a distributed team environment preferred
- Experience with automated testing software is a plus (eg TestStudio, Test Complete, etc)
- Database experience is a plus (eg SQL, reporting)
DESIR ED SKILLS
- Strong verbal and presentation skills along with organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience working with integrated applications preferred.