Location , IL (On-Premises)
Primary Office Chicago
One Commerce Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Duration Full Time
Desired Education Bachelors
Desired Experience 5-7 Years
NICET Certification is preferred
Responsibilities Convergint Technologies is looking for a full-time Account Executive to sell Fire & Life Safety solutions in the Greater Chicagoland area with a dedicated focus on growing our fire & life safety business. This sales professional will prospect, cultivate, and secure sales opportunities within the local market utilizing recognized effective lead generation techniques.Main Work Duties:
- Cultivate and close Fire and Life Safety projects and associated service opportunities with strategic end-use customers in both institutional and energy and industrial markets.
- Meet directly with customers to establish needs and drive the overall sales process.
- Work with Operations to execute the growth, development, sales and marketing of all Fire solutions offered by Convergint throughout Northern Illinois.
- Conduct customer site walk through and estimate both fire system installations and service opportunities.
- Create market awareness for Convergint Technologies through networking, presentations and attendance at local trade association meetings, as per Fire strategic plan.
- Work strategically on targeted new construction projects with electrical and general contractors.
- Provide information on customer needs, competitors and market conditions to maintain Convergints strategic plan current, while executing the strategies to meet plans milestones.
- Construct and submit a professional written proposal with established deadlines.
Skills - Fire alarm systems design and operation knowledge required.Proven background with reviewing Fire design specifications & plans.Familiar with applicable codes preferred.Knowledge of Edwards / EST products and mass notification systems preferred.Formal strategic selling or other type of professional sales training preferred.Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Desired Certification NICET Level INICET Level II
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Convergint Technologies is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at uscareers.convergint.com/careers.