District Level Certified Position
Open Until Filled
2019-2020 School Year
Full-time (1.0 FTE)
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Pick up district issued computer on August 6, 2018.
- Attend Induction Academy I for teachers new to D300: August 6th, August 7th, August 8th and August 9th, 2018.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the District.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior and report to the appropriate administrator information about individual student compliance with school and district behavioral expectations, and state and federal laws.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the District's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives. Reading training/background preferred with a strong knowledge of Response to Intervention and Common Core State Standards.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board Policy.
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attend and participate in meetings involving the faculty and other participants that are of reasonable length and address a relevant educational topic as a legitimate function and obligation of professional educators.
- Collaborate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Collaborate in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
Illinois licensure with elementary and bilingual (Spanish/English) endorsements required.
Applications will be reviewed and selected by the building's hiring supervisor.
- LEAD Salary Schedule 18.19 SY