Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps local, regional and national advertisers use the best of digital with the power of TV to grow their business. It provides multi-screen marketing solutions to make advertising campaigns more effective and easier to execute. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Effectv has a presence in 66 markets with nearly 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
We’re dedicated to helping our clients meet their business goals by connecting them with their customers through multiscreen television advertising. Working with companies from local startups to nationwide corporations, we provide support to help each business reach its target customers. By applying data to television advertising in new ways, we’re able to bring our clients the best of digital media, coupled with the power of TV. To learn more, check out www.effectv.
Would you like to be a part of a world-class Media Sales organization that provides expansive sales training and development? Do you possess a growth mindset with an eye towards enhancing your sales acumen? Are you interested in growing client businesses through our suite of cutting-edge advertising products?
Effectv is accepting applications for our Media Sales Training Program as an Associate Account Executive. The program will provide hands-on training, coaching, mentoring, learning assessments and product knowledge in a supportive learning environment.
The 6-month training and mentoring program includes an 8-week corporate on-boarding that will have you training in Philadelphia, Denver and Atlanta. The program will also include technical and operational core training to gain competencies in all sales support functions. Core sales training will be the focus to ensure sales field readiness and proficiency.
Our goal is to train you to provide the highest level of sales and customer service to our clients. When you reach the completion of our program, you will have the confidence to conquer all future sales challenges and will be promoted into an Account Executive role.
- Seeks new customers by continuously prospecting following Company’s planned sales strategies and tactics.
- Analyzes confidential information, prepares reports, manuals, agendas and general correspondence.
- Presents opportunistic packages every month to prospective or regional active advertisers to generate incremental revenue.
- Completes required documentation and reporting for the proper processing of contracts, advertising schedules, sales calls, and expense reports.
- Maintains up-to-date customer and prospect records and participates in the development of sales forecasts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic and changing environment
- Marketing knowledge and the ability to utilize sales CRM tools effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Employee must start on Monday January 13th as this is a cohort sales development program
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Employee should be open to relocation post-program within the designated region
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer