Position DetailsPosition Information College of the Redwoods Position Title Associate Faculty, Klamath-Trinity Associate Faculty Pool (part-time) Position Type Part-Time Faculty Department Klamath-Trinity Instructional Site Location Klamath-Trinity Summary
This is a posting to gather a pool of qualified applicants for possible openings at the Klamath-Trinity Instructional Site in Hoopa.
A. Teaching and Nonteaching Assignments
1. Demonstrates effective performance of duties and responsibilities of the assignment. Duties and responsibilities of the discipline or area of assignment are delineated in specific job descriptions and/or department procedure manuals.
2. Shows currency and depth of knowledge in the discipline and/or area of assignment.
3. Demonstrates patience, fairness, and promptness in the evaluation and discussion of student work.
4. Shows sensitivity and responsiveness to the needs of individual students and their special circumstances, when appropriate.
5. Shows sensitivity to and knowledge of the diverse ways students learn and is responsive to individual needs.
6. Uses effective written and oral communication skills with students and colleagues.
7. Demonstrates effective organizational skills in the classroom and/or work site.
8. Exercises effective judgment in following college policy.
9. For faculty with teaching assignments, uses teaching methods and materials challenging to the student and appropriate to the subject matter, consistent with departmental curriculum, while encouraging within a department a variety of successful pedagogical approaches to learning.
10. For faculty with nonteaching assignments, effectively fulfills responsibilities in terms of:
a) communication and coordination with students, colleagues, and administrators;
b) quality of work; and, if appropriate,
c) program development, budget planning and implementation, program leadership, and collegial governance.
11. Ensures currency and appropriateness of curriculum, course outlines, and written materials.
12. Ensures that the following are incorporated into materials in the area of assignment: communication skills, computational skills, critical thinking, and cultural diversity.
13. Adheres to state and federal regulations applicable to area of assignment.
B. Responsibilities additional to Teaching/Nonteaching Assignment may include the following:
1. Participates, where appropriate, in peer mentoring and evaluation processes and demonstrates objectivity in the professional evaluation of colleagues.
2. Meets contractual obligations, including advising and maintaining regular office hours, when applicable to the position.
3. Demonstrates responsibility in fulfilling division/department obligations and other district requirements.
4. Participates in professional growth activities, such as workshops, seminars, conferences, publications, artistic exhibits, performances, research, or other activities appropriate to assignment.
5. Provides leadership and demonstrates commitment to the profession through activities such as involvement in professional organizations, participation in collegial governance, college committees, campus activities, development of new curriculum, classroom research, or other appropriate activities.
6. Works with colleagues to provide an educational program and environment that supports the success of each student, and otherwise implements the college philosophy and mission statement.
7. Participates in program review and accreditation processes.
C. Professional Conduct
1. Promotes and defends intellectual inquiry and the exchange and analysis of ideas among colleagues and students; values the diversity of opinions.
2. Demonstrates respect for the college community and the profession.
3. Promotes a nonthreatening campus environment free from verbal and nonverbal discrimination and sexual harassment.
4. Supports gender equity and cultural diversity, and displays sensitivity to these issues.
Teaching assignments may include night and weekend assignments and teaching courses through on-line or distance education.
This listing is to gather a pool of qualified applicants for the Klamath-Trinity Instructional Site . Most associate faculty positions will require at a minimum a Masters degree (most academic areas); some a Bachelors degree and two years of related professional experience; some an Associates degree and six years of related professional experience. For further information on the field you are interested in please refer to the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges or contact ...@redwoods.eduEqual Employment Opportunity and Workplace Diversity
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
College of the Redwoods values all members of our community and strives to create a diverse, nurturing, honest, and open environment. CR is committed to equal employment opportunity in its employment and encourages applications from underrepresented group members.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance of a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during the recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university will be required.
College of the Redwoods Faculty Organization is the exclusive bargaining representative for College of the Redwoods faculty employees. Each employee hired into a faculty position shall contribute to the administration of this contract by membership dues or service fees.
Initial salary placement is determined by education and teaching/professional experience. Refer to the CRFO Collective Bargaining Agreement for specific details on salary placement.Benefits
Please refer to the College of the Redwoods Faculty Organization (CRFO) Collective Bargaining Agreement.Application Process
Apply online at
You will need to attach the information below to complete the online application process. Attachments are accepted in .doc or .pdf file formats.
1.Letter of introduction expressing interest in and qualifications for this position
2.Professional resume or curriculum vitae
3.Transcripts of all college degrees and courses (unofficial is sufficient for application, official copies will be required of the successful candidate)
Incomplete application packets will not be forwarded for consideration by the screening committee.
All documents included in your application file become the property of the District and will not be returned. Your application for this job posting will not be considered for future openings. New documents must be submitted for each job posting.
To be included in the first review, the applicant must complete the online application process by 11:59 p.m. on the closing or first review date.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this job posting, please call Human Resources.
Position Details Position Information College of the Redwoods Position Title Associate Faculty, Klamath-Trinity Associate Faculty Pool (part-tim…Read More
The Department of Radiology (http://radiology.ucsd.edu) is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student bod…Read More
Employers? Post Jobs and More Job Seeker Sign In Home Jobs Your Profile Resources Your Account Help Search Browse Explore Your Job Alerts Your …Read More
Posting Details (Default Section)Closing Date: Open Until Filled No Classification Title MACHINE TOOL TECHNOLOGY (including tool and die making): Adj…Read More
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of California, San Diego (https://medschool.ucsd.edu/som/pediatrics/Pages/default.aspx) is committed …Read More
General Dentistry opening in , California. This and other dentist jobs brought to you by DentistJobCafe.com3-month minimum15-17 patients a dayExcelle…Read More
ASSISTANT, ASSOCIATE OR FULL PROFESSOR (IN RESIDENCE, ADJUNCT, OR CLINICAL X) APPLY NOW TO ASSISTANT, ASSOCIATE OR FULL PROFESSOR (IN RESIDENCE, ADJU…Read More
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery within the School of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego (http://ortho.ucsd.edu/) and the Rady…Read More