This is a full-time Surety Marketing Rep position inCalifornia (Fresno region).
Under moderate technical direction manages and builds agency relationships throughout assigned territory by conducting regular traveling sales calls. Generates premium production conducts public relations increases brand and product awareness and projects a professional corporate image.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Promotes and sells all CNA Surety products and services.
2. Conducts regular sales calls to all agencies in assigned territory to manage and enhance relationships and brand loyalty with goal of increased business retainage and new premium growth.
3. Obtains and reports agency and market intelligence and other market trends in assigned territory. Collaborates with Underwriting on market alignment sales and marketing plans and other opportunities with goal of premium growth in territory.
4. Achieves premium and growth goals for assigned territory.
5. Prospects for new agency appointments or other business opportunities in assigned territory.
6. Educates and trains agencies on automation services such as Portal/bONdLINEDirect Bill and ePay.
7. Monitors and reports on legislative activities that may affect operations of the company.
8. Assist with accounts receivable collections in the territory.
Typically Manager or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Solid knowledge of insurance industry practices as it applies to business development and determining business opportunity.
2. Ability to produce outstanding sales results.
3. Solid verbal written interpersonal communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
4. Creativity in resolving issues and problems.
5. Ability to work independently and remotely in the assigned territory to achieve results with limited supervision.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Typically a minimum offive years experience in sales and/or marketing.