As CFO s/he will work closely with client management and supervise an accounting team on engagements, which may include a combination of COMPANY staff and client staff. S/he shows excellent technical ability and is accountable for guiding our teams in both financial and operational best practices in the work they perform on behalf of our clients.
S/he exhibits a high degree of passion for doing impactful work and places honesty, trust, professionalism and conscientiousness above all else.
Our CFO role is a full-time, long-term career position and is an outstanding opportunity to grow your career as you contribute to the success of our clients and our COMPANY team.
- Works with client to set financial policy and is an active participant in strategic discussions.
- Analyzes and interprets financial information for clients.
- Frequently partners with client leadership on operational and strategic issues as they arise, providing recommendations based on financial analysis, projections and revenue/expense analysis.
- Partners with clients in the budget planning process and monitors budget progress.
- Performs variance analysis and identifies corrective actions when necessary.
- Prepares monthly financials statements in a timely manner consistent with COMPANY quality guidelines.
- Assists in managing cash flow and forecasting as well as ensures financial staff maintains appropriate financial records. Monitors financial record keeping to meet the needs of the client, auditors and COMPANY internal quality guidelines.
- Coordinates and oversees audit activities, ensuring timely deliverables and appropriate liaison with client audit team.
- Maintains oversight of internal controls and provides guidance on client's organizational policies and procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and accuracy of work performed by accounting staff (client and/or internal).
- Able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple client engagements and build strong client relationships.
- Performs and directs best practices throughout client assignments.
- Routinely identifies efficiencies and areas of improvement in processes and scope of duties.
The CFO role reports directly to the Principal of our local outsourcing team. S/he regularly interacts with Principals of other service lines and functional groups within COMPANY.
In this role, s/he is responsible for supervising accounting services staff, which may include COMPANY staff, client accounting services staff, or both, and spends the majority of time on client assignments.
Key Behavioral Competencies
The CFO Team Leader must possess several key personal effectiveness traits to be successful. Of primary importance is being a team player as well as having accountability for actions, the ability to make visions a reality and personal integrity that places honesty, trust, professionalism and conscientiousness above all else.
Additional actions and behaviors that are the foundation of successful careers at COMPANY are broadly defined below.
- Leading with Impact: Guides and motivates others and is able to direct team members to achieve desired end results.
- Ownership Mindset: Creates expectations of success in all interactions.
- Entrepreneurial Grit: Has the courage to take action on new ideas, understanding the balance of risks vs. positive outcomes.
- Client Excellence: Anticipates client needs and looks for opportunities to provide proactive consultation.
- People Development: Provides coaching opportunities for others to develop and pursue their passions.
- Clear Communications: Able to communicate with clarity, high impact and openness, fostering positive interactions and relationships.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Motivates others, manages challenging issues and understands when appropriate to leverage internal experts.
- Growing the Business: Focuses efforts on excellent service delivery and managing key client relationships. Identifies opportunities to develop additional services by knowing and helping clients meet their objectives. Participates in market facing and speaking activities.
- Has understanding of GAAP and maintains industry related technical expertise.
- Maintains knowledge of federal and state accounting standards, policies and directives.
- Develops and maintains a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Utilizes CPE learning opportunities to maintain technical accounting knowledge.
- Minimum ten years relative work experience as a CFO, Senior Controller or equivalent.
- Education: BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- Nonprofit accounting experience is preferred but not required.
- Prior consulting experience is preferred.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Accounting Software, etc.).
- CPA preferred.
Apply for Chief Financial Officer Outsourcing
Be alerted when jobs like this are posted!
General Dentistry opening in , Mississippi. This and other dentist jobs brought to you by DentistJobCafe.com- Educate patients on oral health.- Compl…Read More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, ccu, domiciliary, mhb, psychiatric, surgical, transitional, unitRead More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, infusion, intensive, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, recovery, unitRead More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, coronary, hospice, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, psychiatric…Read More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: bsn, ccu, hospice, intensive, intensive care, maternal, psychiatric, registed, surgery, tcuRead More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: care, ccu, infusion, maternal, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, registed, registered nurse, surgicalRead More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: asn, bsn, intensive, intensive care, maternal, mhb, psychatric, recovery, registed, staff nurseRead More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, infusion, intensive care, maternal, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, registed,…Read More
Registered Nurse. Travel Nurse Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, care unit, intensive, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, recovery, surgery, unitRead More